Players who might improve us

1. At the risk of inciting a riot...
I'd consider Daley Blind in January at a sensible price.

Not the quickest but good on the ball, versatile and familiar with our style of play. He's been somewhat ruined by having to play long ball footy for the numpties but I think he'd be a viable squad player for us.

... tin hat on...

I don't think its the worst shout, comfortable in all 3 positions we require cover. He does seem to have had his game destroyed a little. But in fairness to him, he's one of the least cnuty players they have.
He would certainly improve the balance of our squad.

Said it when he was at Hull and he’s making me say it again. If we want a direct replacement for Kompany, we should look at Maguire. Perhaps not quite as polished, but I’d be interested to see what Pep would do for him. He has the qualities.

Last edited:
Harry Maguire.

I've watched Leicester's last two matches against us and the Rags in full and no doubt Pep and the backroom team would have as well. He has shown he can pass the ball, can head the ball and can dribble with the ball. Not to mention commendable never-say-die attitude. Pep can improve his game enormously. Surprised we have not been linked with him already. Would much prefer him to Virgil Van Dijk who is older, not English and probably more expensive.

Said it when he was at Hull and he’s making me say it again. If we want a direct replacement for Kompany, we shouldn’t look Maguire. Perhaps not quite as polished, but I’d be interested to see what Pep would do for him. He has the qualities.
He sure does

Harry Maguire.

I've watched Leicester's last two matches against us and the Rags in full and no doubt Pep and the backroom team would have as well. He has shown he can pass the ball, can head the ball and can dribble with the ball. Not to mention commendable never-say-die attitude. Pep can improve his game enormously. Surprised we have not been linked with him already. Would much prefer him to Virgil Van Dijk who is older, not English and probably more expensive.
In many respects he's a more rugged version of Stones.I think he'd do a fine job.

I'm pretty sure that our scouting team are aware of a number of " Pep type defenders" who would be a fit for the team as an additional defender, throughout the various leagues.

For that reason I doubt that we are limited to VVD , assuming we do move to sign during the January window, but the advantage that VVD , Harry Maguire, Johnny fucking Evans etc have is their familiarity with the PL , possibly making a transition into the team a bit easier.

Whether we are prepared to try and outbid Liverpool, I have no idea, but if Pep is satisfied that VVD is the right fit for the team, I am sure that he will be backed unless the amount becomes too extortionate to consider.

Personally his mard-arsed strop with Southampton once Liverpool had illegally tapped him up was an aspect of him as an individual that I was not keen on.

Not long now to find out what is in store .

Merry Christmas fellow BM followers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.