Players who might improve us

I have seen this lad play a far better game than Delph ever has for us in mid field, my reference to Kante is both have pace to burn and great energy levels
if you think he is too expensive and/or our priorities lay else where or even that you think this kid cannot adapt to a more defensive position on a regular basis , i can live with that
Not at all. Was just wondering who you were describing. What you've described is nothing like what I've experienced watching him. I see more of Debryune than Kante.

Since he is a technically superior player to Delph, sure he may have done great when you saw him play at DM or CM.

I've seen him play about 15-20 times and never in those positions. I saw him play as a striker once, then mostly on either wing. Or just behind the striker.

He is in the same general mold as Debryune, Hazard, Lalana, Isco, Reus, Mueller etc. Guys who could play midfield or striker but generally play in the attacking areas of midfield.

This is why I was confused as to who you were talking about. For me the player he most resembles is Debryune. If I were looking for a Debryune replacement, this kid will probably be #1 or 2 on the list. What he has is vision, technique, spacial awareness, and an aggressive offensive attitude (I.e a lot of the same qualities Debryune has in abundance. He may be a better dribbler from what I've seen. I like the kid a lot and wouldn't mind him on our team. But I've never seen him at DM, not can I say I've noticed a unique level of energy or unique level of pace.

As for adapting to the position fulltime. I bet he could. He is a very good player.

Giroud isn't an outstanding player but like Dzeko could have his uses in our set up. The downsides are age,consistency, Arsenal will still want daft money for him and isn't patch on Aguero as the main striker.

Corentin Tolisso would be a brilliant signing for us Central Midfielder or RB, very good at both.

Brilliant passer, I think he'd possibly be better than someone like Fabinho at RB, because he's more like Yaya with possession - Fabinho's never going to replicate that.

And he's brilliant in transition, a key part of Yaya's job now, getting the ball to KDB and Silva.

He's been used in attacking midfield and been superb as well.

Just springs to mind as Lyon President has said they have to make significant sales.

Last edited:
Corentin Tolisso would be a brilliant signing for us Central Midfielder or RB, very good at both.

Brilliant passer, I think he'd possibly be better than someone like Fabinho at RB, because he's more like Yaya with possession - Fabinho's never going to replicate that.

And he's brilliant in transition, a key part of Yaya's job now, getting the ball to KDB and Silva.

He's been used in attacking midfield and been superb as well.

Just springs to mind as Lyon President has said they have to make significant sales.
Now thats a player I can get down with.
All around stud.

Naby Keita from RB Leipzig.

Basically NGolo Kante on crack.
Yes yes yes yes.

Absolutely love that player. Young too. Only negative I see is that he is an African player and you have that crap AFCON competition to deal with.

Timo Werner looks pretty useful off that team too, but isn't nearly as good as what we already have up front.

Wait a second... Kante is my guy! I love watching that guy fly aroud. You're telling me there's an UPGRADED version of kante?!
Lol. He moves like Kante. But I actually don't think they play alike. He is far more intelligent and technically superior. Way better vision and understanding of angles too. But he is not the tackler Kante is.

That's said, I'd prefer him over Kante. Assuming the talent transfers.

Lol. He moves like Kante. But I actually don't think they play alike. He is far more intelligent and technically superior. Way better vision and understanding of angles too. But he is not the tackler Kante is.

That's said, I'd prefer him over Kante. Assuming the talent transfers.

That's a hard pass for me. I love Kante because he's tiny, flies around, has INFINITE stamina, and most importantly TACKLES and INTERCEPTS everything in his path. He represents CHAOS. Pfft intelligence and technical superiority. BORING.

Joking aside I fired up some highlights of Keita and he looks like a fun little player in his own right. They didn't show any defensive highlights but he's definitely more intelligent/technically superior like you said. He's seems like he's got goals in him with his movement/shot. His long shot looked impressive. I obviously can't get a true read off of two 5 minute highlights though. He seem legit to you? Linked/ready for a move to a bigger club?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.