Players who did much better than you expected at City

Negredo. I saw a fair bit of him in Spain and honestly he never looked very good, just scored a few goals. Then he came here and played like a man possessed for 6 months, before returning to the not very good player he was before, but not before we'd sold him for a juicy profit. Some of his interplay and passing for us was so far beyond his actual skillset it was amazing.

Lescott - partly because I was at a conference in Liverpool when we signed him and all the taxi drivers, barmen, etc. I spoke to said he was shit. Turns out they were just bitter. Very underrated player, I feel.

Fernandinho, by virtue of the fact that I'd rarely seen him play (can't say I go out of my way to watch Ukrainian football!)
Must admit for me this did not mean I had low expectations of him which he outperformed , it's more that I didn't know that much what to expect for him. Though I hoped with a £30M price tag and obviously one of our prime targets together with him having a bit of a Champions League record that he should be decent.

I must admit with the exception of Zab who was an unknown quantity and was a bit rough and ready at first the others I expected to do well. I'm always a bit nervous about any new player not knowing how they will settle in etc, but I had decent expectations for all of them. Yaya was a player I'd been really excited about for a while, I remember him running through the rags midfield when at Barca.
Great players all of them but with the exception of Zab although their success was very welcome and they are maybe 'overachievers' it wasn't a surprise.

Oh don't get me wrong I expected them to be good, just not as good as they have been. Particularly Toure and Aguero and you can throw in Silva too. All three have been exceptional value for money and instrumental in our success.

He looked an absolute nightmare at the start and yet turned into our life saver. Dickov may have scored THE goal but the goat dragged us kicking and screaming through the divisions.

With all the great players and historic days we have had recently, the goats contribution may get overlooked in years to come. Yet all us who were witness to his exploits, we will never forget what he did for us. He might not have been the best player to ever play for us but he was arguably the most important.

From a bit of a laughing stock to arguably the club's most important, committed and dedicated player. I think it is fair to say he did better than any blue ever thought he would.
Met The Goat at a do a few months back, loads of half pissed blues firing questions at him, mithered him to have have pics taken with him eating his dinner ....so we could say we fed the goat lol, then had a few hours in his company & can say he's a great bloke with a sense of humour , engaging & not up his own arse like some .

Lescott - partly because I was at a conference in Liverpool when we signed him and all the taxi drivers, barmen, etc. I spoke to said he was shit. Turns out they were just bitter. Very underrated player, I feel.

That boy knew how to defend. Between 2010 and 2012 him and Kompany complimented each other perfectly at CB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.