Players who did much better than you expected at City

Paul Stewart , thought we paid well over the odds at £200,000 from Blackpool but he turned out to be brilliant , unfortunately we were a selling club then and we had to get rid for nearly £2m to Spurs after barely one season , how times have changed , we can now cherry pick Spurs best players

I was the same about Dave. I was "so so" on the signing. too small and lightweight for the prem.

what a dick I am.
Glad someone else was big enough to admit that :), not that he didn't look decent but I didn't understand the fuss at first, I remember thinking Adam Johnson had more potential because of his pace and trickery on the wings when David was being played there. Admittedly I wasn't watching much La Liga back then and he did take some time to adjust... but boy did he adjust and I'm so happy he proved me wrong, in a way he changed the way I look at players coming up.

Sterling was one I didn't want but that wasn't because I didn't rate him, it was mainly because of his age and the price tag and it has affected him negatively at times, luckily he's a strong person obviously. I still think it's slowed his progress having to deal with all the pressure and negativity but that's testament to how good he is. I wonder what level he'd be at now without all the crap that weighed him down early on, he can still get there because he's young but it makes you wonder(the whole butterfly effect thing).

Ederson looks to be another that is a lot better than anyone expected if they were honest, we were all cautious after Bravo.

It's been mentioned before but Gerry Gow, Bobby Mac and Tommy Hutchison were an absolute turnaround for this club at the time.
Ali B just blew everybody away on his debut. Him and Eyal Berkovic in their pomp could fit in today's midfield.
More recently, most have been covered but in no particular order.
Gaz Baz
Tevez
Zab
VK
Sergio, Oh we knew he was good, but kinell this boy is a standout footballer in every respect.

Loads spring to mind... Imre Varidi, Nigel Gleghorn, Michele Vonk, Kevin Horlock, Andy Morrison, Mark Kennedy, Ali Banarbia, Craig Bellamy, both Zab and Vinny,

I always thought Mark Kennedy was a massive disappointment. Expected big things from him and he never seemed to live up to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.