Player's winter attire

If they give 100% on the pitch they can wear long johns over their shorts for all I care. It's their football I go to watch not their dress code!! :-)

Plus I don't even notice what they wear until I watch MOTD or similar later.

Don't if it's just me, or whether it's been a point of note previously, but players wearing gloves really does my head in. Surely if you're giving 100% and running around a football pitch as a professional athlete, you don't need gloves to keep you warm?! Don't get me started on snoods, which were rightly outlawed.

I just think it sends out all the wrong signals. Pre kick off against Liverpool, I remember watching the players line up, with not one Liverpool player wearing a pair, and thinking they instantly looked more up for it. I think it also in some respect reflects on the coaches mentality.

I appreciate it's a football wide thing, and not a dig at city players in particular. Ultimately I just think they all need to grow a pair.
giphy.gif

if its cold then footballers wear gloves to preserve energy, i.e. , the body doesn't have to work harder to warm the hands or other extremities ? I may be wrong but so fucking what :)

As much as it's fun to snigger at players in gloves, i know first hand that even if you run around working up a sweat in the cold, if you have poor circulation and have ice cold hands it can make make concentration harder! So don't mock em, it might be medical reasons!

=

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.