Playing out from the back (The 'Ederson' Factor)

I found Schmeichel's fuck ups hilarious, considering the time wasting he was doing in the first half. Constantly moving the ball across to the other side of the box for goal kicks, and that bloody constant kicking of the goal post.
he got a good reception, i thought a thumbs up or a smile but he just blanked the south stand. he can't have to many complaints when we took delight in his dodgy kicks.

This was Peps plan with Bravo in goal last season , the only thing Pep got wrong was he thought he needed an experienced keeper who could play that way, when in reality he needed a relatively inexperienced keeper who could play without fear and grow into the role .

Its not just abt fearless or inexperienced young keeper. Its just that ederson is supremely talented at doing what he does.

To think it was nothing but "fucking about with it at the back" to some not that long ago ;-)

medium_2017-08-31-f14a736a18.jpg

I think our pressing forces keepers to have to find a pass more than they are used to more than an attempt to emulate Ederson. They don't have time to wind up and punt all the time and eventually they screw up a pass they don't make under pressure often.

You can well imagine he has got a monster strike on him.
i think he will score eventually,maybe one from a long kick and one from a last minute bullet header.
i don't know why he's not going up for corners,Pep being overly cautious, i reckon. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.