plusnet Broadband any good

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dickie davies, 12 Jan 2018 at 5:06 PM.

1. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Resting
    Indeed - see above ;-) I added that detail immediate after posting, but you must have quoted me already.

2. Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

Not sure if it's worth binning Virgin off for SKY? Although Virgin provide the best speeds going, when I upgraded to VIVID I was getting 170mbps at the lowest, now I'm reaching low speeds of 50mbps so paying £65 a month (including line rental) for 150mbps I'm not even getting seems pointless to me.

Over Christmas holiday period was an absolte joke like yourself knows. I could literally get 38mbps, line rental and sky TV all for £43 a month for 12 months, and after the 12 months it's £53 which is still cheaper than what in paying.

3. dickie davies

dickie davies

Tag team wrestler
    Does Sky TV come via the internet now or do you still require the dish?

4. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Resting
    Dish

5. nw42

nw42

I have bt infinity1 now, i did have infinity2 but dropped it last renewal, I just ran a check and it came in at 34mb, I do pretty much the same as you except for downloading music and maybe that's the clincher for you as I assume that's the time you need the higher speeds. I never have any problems streaming, so assume the speed is fine for that.

I also have a couple of mobiles on bt, one sim only @ £12pm and a handset contract, I pay them £72pm for the lot including house phone, although I don't have the overseas calls included like you do.

I know plenty have a moan about bt but I find them ok once I've negotiated the overseas call operatives and connected with someone in Blighty, they've always sorted any issues I've had.

6. talkativesprout

talkativesprout

No worries brother, so long as the OP gets the gist.

7. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    Sky Q are bringing out a full dishless setup this year but i can't find exact dates. For that atm you would need Sky's Now TV.

8. stonerblue

stonerblue

rambler
    What's the craic with telly on that? I have BT for everything at home for £42 inc free footy. Have to pat bastard line rental though, useless sunce the dog ate the phone

9. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

IT Nerd
    @TCIB fyi I got a free upgrade with Virgin to 200mb this week.

10. Damocles

Damocles

I just signed up to Virgin's 300Mbps service with full Sky Sports and phone for £88 a month.

Am paying £50m for just phone and 10 times slower broadband on Sky so I'm happy about that. Sky Sports basically cost me £30 a month.