Pogba or De Bruyne? (Historical)

Better than Silva and Kev?
Not better, diferent. It s hard to be at the same level with Kevin. As for Silva, I rate him, I love him, City legend, one of the best players in the world, just not my type. I m more of a Gundogan type of player.

He has obviously started this year better than last year. Sick of hearing this world class tag though, when has he proved this world class status? He has done bugger all in a united shirt to warrant that. Great player who I think will only sadly improve but world class? Sort your head out.
Yes, he is WC. He was the best player at Juve and now he is the best player at United.

So no evidence of being world class then, very good points.
So beeing the best player at Juventus, the best team from Italy and one of top 5 in Europe at that moment, playing the CL final is a good evidence that he is not WC?

So beeing the best player at Juventus, the best team from Italy and one of top 5 in Europe at that moment, playing the CL final is a good evidence that he is not WC?

Juventus aren't in the top 5 in Europe at the minute, they aren't the best team in their league at the minute. So playing in a champions league final makes you world class. Gotcha, can't believe we are doing so well then without a world class player

Juventus aren't in the top 5 in Europe at the minute, they aren't the best team in their league at the minute. So playing in a champions league final makes you world class. Gotcha, can't believe we are doing so well then without a world class player
You read and understand what you want. Ha ha! Pogba is not playing for Juve at the moment, right? He was playing at THAT moment, when they were thebest in Italy and top 5 ofEurope. But let s just leave it like this, we have different opinions about Pogba so lets just agree that de Bruyne is better.

And I m not saying we dont have WC players, I am saying Pogba is WC as well.

And I m not saying we dont have WC players, I am saying Pogba is WC as well.

My mistake on your reply I thought you meant Juventus now which is irrelevant to any of this. I claimed we had no world class players if playing in a champions league final makes you one. World class is branded about willy nilly

Nope. But to say Pogba is a lump & overated which ive read on here, is a bit daft. He's clearly their best player.
The two things aren't mutually exclusive, to be fair.

The drop in performance when Pogba was out just sums up Mourinho's lack of any decent coaching going forward. Ironically, if KDB got injured, we'd cope much better than them, despite him being a much better player, because it's the system that creates the chances, not individual players. Mourinho's system seems to be to make the team solid defensively, and then pack the attack with enough individually talented players that a couple of them will do something special. And against most teams in the league, that's good enough. But when their best players get injured, the performance levels drop massively, as they do whenever they play against anyone decent.

They are both great, but de Bruyne is ours. Can t understant the sh*t Pogba gets here, he is WC player and I would really want him here. Him and de Bruyne togheter would be mental.

The " world class " tag gets attributed to a number of players in the PL and Spanish, German and italian leagues who obviously perform at high levels and have a good level of ability , but whether that tag is justified in the true sense of the word has to be highly questionable if they are only being judged on their performances at a domestic level.

I have never seen Pogba perform at WC level for France , nor indeed the likes of Griezeman who is another who is touted as WC.

The phrase is wrongly used to describe many players imo, and Pogba is one who carries the hype , moreso because he plays for the Rags. The media over-hype so many of their players to feed the frenzy of their fans, because they know it will be lapped up and spread as " the truth ".

But he has to do a lot more to be truly judged as world class, and not just in the PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.