Points of Blue Meeting

Greetings all.
There will be a Points of Blue meeting at the Lass o' Gowrie on Monday at 6-30.
I know it's short notice.
Any new topics to bring up? Alternatively has anybody noticed changes (for better or worse) in the topics often discussed such as security, queues, ticketing and catering etc?
Sorry if I missed it but how did the meeting go?

The current ticket system isn't ideal, although personally, I think the European games should have a completely separate points system. Indeed, for just £6, it will be interesting to compare the number of tickets sold for the Shakhtar away game, with the number of fans who actually travel to the game.
Those 40 points might just lift somebody into the next "loyalty" threshold, particularly with the United tickets about to go on sale.

Points only awarded after the game, and only awarded to those who actually attend, not sure how they will implement it

Points only awarded after the game, and only awarded to those who actually attend, not sure how they will implement it

Yep, as you say, it's difficult to implement, especially as they'd be relying on Shakhtar's full cooperation for a game that might be a complete dead rubber, even for the opposition.
Personally, I don't think the Shakhtar game has got anything to do with loyalty, and everything to do with a couple of hundred blues who can afford to spend £300+, just before Christmas. and that;s assuming that they've still got holiday allocation from work.
Far better that they be rewarded by being first in the queue for the next European game, rather than adding to their overall loyalty points.

Greetings all.
There will be a Points of Blue meeting at the Lass o' Gowrie on Monday at 6-30.
I know it's short notice.
Any new topics to bring up? Alternatively has anybody noticed changes (for better or worse) in the topics often discussed such as security, queues, ticketing and catering etc?

You could ask why the online shop is fraudulent? ...swapping a sewn on badge which is clearly still in the pic, with a printed badge,which is only mentioned if you click on the full product description.Then showing a discounted price when it is clearly not the same quality as the original...this must be against trading standards?
Does Mike Ashley run our shop now?

You could ask why the online shop is fraudulent? ...swapping a sewn on badge which is clearly still in the pic, with a printed badge,which is only mentioned if you click on the full product description.Then showing a discounted price when it is clearly not the same quality as the original...this must be against trading standards?
Does Mike Ashley run our shop now?

Don't buy it then. Anyone over 25 looks daft in a replica shirt. Usually way too small

Also why do they show the game on the TV in every stand except the south stand level 3? Yes I could go 90 mins without a beer but a half time pint is part of the "match day experience" for some of us so it would be nice if they showed the game for us like they do for everyone else.

Ive raised this on two occasion's with city...got two replies saying 'we are looking into this'....still waiting 1 year on for the answer.
Really annoys me...i no longer use the bar facilities in the South Stand because of this.

I not keen on the 'hard yards' baloney. Just because you have loyalty points does not necessarily mean you done the hard yards as much as much as someone without the points.

What it can show is you could afford the platinum. Your life might have fell at a better time. We have lots of old fans who now have the time and money to get to games.

I know a lad with 10k points who has not missed a game all season. Is he part of the problem as he buys tickets off whoever he can or is he doing what he has to do.

He has done the hard yards. Another lad has no seasoncard. Not missed a european game since we were back in it. He goes the majority of home games as tickets easy to get. No one has an issue with selling home game tickets it seems.

You have not come up with a solution more a list of what should not happen.

I want to know your idea for a truly new system.

I not here to row I genuinely would like to see one as I doubt there is one.

Whatever is brought in some are going to fall foul of it

One of my main gripes is that I really did the hard yards, some of the seasons where I attended the most games were in the lower divisions. IIRC, my highest league total, something like 34 games, was in the 2nd tier of English Football. My long term loyalty is not reflected in my points total.

I'm sure there are a number of possible solutions. Some clubs have ballots for away games. Some form of priority could be given to people like me who are seasoncard holders that live a long way from Manchester for away games that are closer to home. Technology could allow a whole load of variations of the process of doling out away tickets just based on the two things I have mentioned.

One of my main gripes is that I really did the hard yards, some of the seasons where I attended the most games were in the lower divisions. IIRC, my highest league total, something like 34 games, was in the 2nd tier of English Football. My long term loyalty is not reflected in my points total.

I'm sure there are a number of possible solutions. Some clubs have ballots for away games. Some form of priority could be given to people like me who are seasoncard holders that live a long way from Manchester for away games that are closer to home. Technology could allow a whole load of variations of the process of doling out away tickets just based on the two things I have mentioned.

I feel your pain mate. I’d estimate that I’ve averaged about 10 away games a season (plus at least 1 European trip a year for the last decade) for the last 35 years, and whilst I know there’s many Blues out there with far superior records to that, I still find it faintly ridiculous that I haven’t managed to get within 500 points of qualifying for a single away ticket this season, and instead on 5 occasions have been reliant on friends or the OSC to get me in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.