Points of Blue Meeting

He’s been to Swansea several times, but being about 230 miles away at university and reliant on public transport, a midweeker at the least accessible ground in Britain would be a non-starter even if he didn’t have lectures all day on both match day and the day after. Or is that the yardstick now by which ye shall be judged? Can’t make one impossibly impractical fixture, and so forfeit the right to carp?

What are you on about? He said his lad would never get a ticket through the club on points. Swansea away is on general sale.

You may take it as read that I’d forgotten about Swansea being a midweeker. With the possible exception of Palace on NYE, it’s the only time the points requirement will be below 15000 this season that’s for sure. An exception to the rule and therefore a point not worth making perhaps?

You may take it as read that I’d forgotten about Swansea being a midweeker. With the possible exception of Palace on NYE, it’s the only time the points requirement will be below 15000 this season that’s for sure. An exception to the rule and therefore a point not worth making
I do feel your pain but that's 2 games, 80 points, do you think those that have been going week in week out for donkeys years won't go? The same ones you described as Saga Holidays fodder? The year points were introduced, away tickets were allocated based on away ticket stubs from the previous season - and that season was based on away ticket stubs from the season before - so those right at the top of the points have done every away since at least '97. And had season tickets and yes, went platinum.

The gripe should be less tickets are going to points holders, I think because of corporate, I'm guessing even supporters clubs are getting squeezed now too.

You may take it as read that I’d forgotten about Swansea being a midweeker. With the possible exception of Palace on NYE, it’s the only time the points requirement will be below 15000 this season that’s for sure. An exception to the rule and therefore a point not worth making perhaps?
There's plenty of idiots on here have come out with the "If you don't go when tickets are available then you can't complain about not getting tickets for big games" line since tickets have become harder to get. Funnily enough, some of them are now saying "I might miss out for the first time" or "I used to be able to buy on the first day but can't now".

Well that's great if you can get two days off work or don't mind getting home at 4am or later. Or, like Bill, have staff you can rely on or are maybe retired. I'm self-employed so even if my client would let me go for two days, I wouldn't get any money for those days and that'd cost me a few hundred quid. It simply isn't worth it. But I bet plenty will buy a ticket for this to get the points and not go.

I do feel your pain but that's 2 games, 80 points, do you think those that have been going week in week out for donkeys years won't go? The same ones you described as Saga Holidays fodder? The year points were introduced, away tickets were allocated based on away ticket stubs from the previous season - and that season was based on away ticket stubs from the season before - so those right at the top of the points have done every away since at least '97. And had season tickets and yes, went platinum.

The gripe should be less tickets are going to points holders, I think because of corporate, I'm guessing even supporters clubs are getting squeezed now too.
It was a damn site easier to earn points when we used to be away at Saturday 3pm most of the time at the Wigan's, Bolton's, Blackburn's, Walsall's, Stockport's than it is now, especially for a 20/30 old whose employer expects far more bang for their buck, and for far less comparative pay.

The field, much like pensions, has always been skewed to the older generation. There are very good reasons those games will be a saga crowd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.