Points of Blue Meeting

There's plenty of idiots on here have come out with the "If you don't go when tickets are available then you can't complain about not getting tickets for big games" line since tickets have become harder to get. Funnily enough, some of them are now saying "I might miss out for the first time" or "I used to be able to buy on the first day but can't now".

Well that's great if you can get two days off work or don't mind getting home at 4am or later. Or, like Bill, have staff you can rely on or are maybe retired. I'm self-employed so even if my client would let me go for two days, I wouldn't get any money for those days and that'd cost me a few hundred quid. It simply isn't worth it. But I bet plenty will buy a ticket for this to get the points and not go.
Thanks. I'll take that as a dig from a poster and ex mod I did have a lot of respect for.

It was a damn site easier to earn points when we used to be away at Saturday 3pm most of the time at the Wigan's, Bolton's, Blackburn's, Walsall's, Stockport's than it is now, especially for a 20/30 old whose employer expects far more bang for their buck, and for far less comparative pay.

The field, much like pensions, has always been skewed to the older generation. There are very good reasons those games will be a saga crowd.
There are, and I'm now slipping down the order fairly quickly only missing a few games a season. It's not as easy now to get the odd afternoon off, or in the case of the Chimps league a couple of days off. That's life, no problem with that if someone with more points gets the ticket. I don't think it is someone with more points getting the ticket though.

I'm not saga crowd btw, I spent half of my Saturday mornings in my 20's queueing outside Maine Road for away tickets from 5am ish :)

(I'm not that far off saga crowd having looked at their age group/demographic and now I'm really depressed)

So one day the saga fodder are point selling whore's, who don't attend matches
And then we hear that at West Bromwich and many other away matches, our support looks like a saga party
Has anyone ever thought how these saga louts get there tickets ?
They go to each and every match.
It's not there fault they are old farts and we're born to early.
Don't denigrate them,they have as much right to be there as anyone else.

And then we hear that at West Bromwich and many other away matches, our support looks like a saga party
Good luck mate. I'm going to mumsnet to find out how to clean my oven and grill.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll take that as a dig from a poster and ex mod I did have a lot of respect for.
Well it wasn't a dig at you by any means as I was replying to Exeter Blue but if you've said it at the past I'm happy for you to be offended. It's something that has rankled with me for a while. It's the ultimate "I'm a bigger blue than you" argument. I was at Swansea on New Year's Day. I went to the League Cup tie at Sunderland. I've been to Reading for a Monday night game.

I've got a lot of respect for people like Sean Riley and the others, many on here, who go to virtually every away game in England and Europe. But they do that because (a) they can and (b) they prioritise it over everything else. Not everyone can do that and for people who do to belittle them is wrong and rubs me and others up the wrong way.

I do feel your pain but that's 2 games, 80 points, do you think those that have been going week in week out for donkeys years won't go? The same ones you described as Saga Holidays fodder? The year points were introduced, away tickets were allocated based on away ticket stubs from the previous season - and that season was based on away ticket stubs from the season before - so those right at the top of the points have done every away since at least '97. And had season tickets and yes, went platinum.

The gripe should be less tickets are going to points holders, I think because of corporate, I'm guessing even supporters clubs are getting squeezed now too.

No arguments from me, and I’m one of the Saga Holidays fodder myself!

No-one’s denigrating them. I’m almost one myself. I was simply making the point that there are very few youngsters amongst City’s away following, and that can’t be healthy

There's plenty of idiots on here have come out with the "If you don't go when tickets are available then you can't complain about not getting tickets for big games" line since tickets have become harder to get. Funnily enough, some of them are now saying "I might miss out for the first time" or "I used to be able to buy on the first day but can't now".

Well that's great if you can get two days off work or don't mind getting home at 4am or later. Or, like Bill, have staff you can rely on or are maybe retired. I'm self-employed so even if my client would let me go for two days, I wouldn't get any money for those days and that'd cost me a few hundred quid. It simply isn't worth it. But I bet plenty will buy a ticket for this to get the points and not go.

I'd love to go to Swansea, I've taken my daughter to the last two league games there and we have a enjoyable trip but it's a school night so no chance she can go and I currently don't know if I can go as I'm not sure yet what I will doing work wise. Indeed, I don't even know if I can go to the Feyenoord game yet as work could get in the way of that. I have a ticket of course for Feyenoord due to the cup scheme, which may go to waste.

Swansea being midweek really isn't a help and anyone who says people like me should buy a ticket or not complain can go and impale their rear on a baseball bat!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.