Points of Blue Meeting

Away tickets. Despite having been platinum since it’s inception, I’ve gone from qualifying for about half the away games 5 years ago to zero this season. Not one. And it ain’t the Supporters Club getting them. The London Branch, the largest in the country outside Manchester itself, got a grand total of 2 for Huddersfield. They’re clearly being hived off in ever greater numbers though and it’s a disgrace

Its one of the reasons why on my return from South Africa the first season apart, i've not renewed my season card mate.

I was home and away prior to going out there but it was obvious that renewing was not going to be a guarantee of what i loved the most which was away days so ive just not bothered and for those who got took in by the club re platinum i feel sorry for them.

Corporates and partners have now become far more valuable to the club than any of us fans could ever be and they dont give a fuck!

Its one of the reasons why on my return from South Africa the first season apart, i've not renewed my season card mate.

I was home and away prior to going out there but it was obvious that renewing was not going to be a guarantee of what i loved the most which was away days so ive just not bothered and for those who got took in by the club re platinum i feel sorry for them.

Corporates and partners have now become far more valuable to the club than any of us fans could ever be and they dont give a fuck!
Spot on re corporate. They are mainly fans of football who want to impress clients yet they are offered first dibs on away tickets. Huddersfield selling out at 17,500 is a joke. How many are actually bring sold via the points system? Still waiting to hear back from Danny Wilson about transparency...

Spot on re corporate. They are mainly fans of football who want to impress clients yet they are offered first dibs on away tickets. Huddersfield selling out at 17,500 is a joke. How many are actually bring sold via the points system? Still waiting to hear back from Danny Wilson about transparency...
Transparency is the way to go, there are probably only 1/3 of away tickets going via the points system. The truth is the club don't care, there is more money/sway in sending them elsewhere. e.g. corporate or partners as part of a travel package.

Transparency is the way to go, there are probably only 1/3 of away tickets going via the points system. The truth is the club don't care, there is more money/sway in sending them elsewhere. e.g. corporate or partners as part of a travel package.

You treat your customers with contempt and eventually they'll walk away. It's a lesson City are going to learn in due course

Since for many of us actually going to games is our raison d'etre as Blues, the away & cup ticket issue is a joke. I moved down from Platinum to Gold 3 years ago as I was actually losing, not even maintaining, ground. I'm glad I did as its saved me £50 wasted quid each season and so far I have more than enough points to get Cup semi & final tickets plus a few away cup matches where we get the larger allocations. I would however have no chance in hell of a CL Final ticket if we get there, despite being on the cup scheme and having supported City for almost 60 years. Incidentally, our OSC also only received 2 tickets for Huddersfield in a fortnight's time so it seems like that's par for the course. Football has gone the way of corporate entertaining, to the detriment of proper supporters and that's not at all healthy. If it continues in its current trajectory we will end up with away sections rammed with tourists spending the entire game phone-videoing plus in our case Superbia fans as the only proper Blues scattered amongst them (unless Superbia has been phased out by then ). City have sold out along with the rest of the top PL clubs and I suppose it's the price we pay for being successful. Tickets are obviously going out to agencies. For example there were 4 Napoli fans by me at the home leg in seats that are usually occupied by non-cup scheme season card holders. One of whom actually applied for his seat at 9am the day the window opened but it had already been sold. Now that can't be right.
Whether or not Points of Blue can carry this forward and get City to listen is open to question but if we don't shout about it then we won't get heard at all.

Have posted this before but at Tottenham last season there was a group of approx 25 non regulars in the two rows behind me, and three foreign tourists one of whom had a rag shirt on. Seen similar this year. The points jump has gone way beyond what it should be - if you attend every away game and all home cup, plus Platinum and cup scheme renewal then you might amass 2500 points or so in a season, yet this year away games are selling out way higher than 2500 points ahead of last year. The OSCs in general get tickets using members with the highest points who may not actually go to the game - not sure how you could ever police this, but they could look at some sort of away card membership like Leeds etc, which would keep tourists away from tickets as well as non regulars. At the very least, the club should be transparent about the percentage going to corporate - at least that way we would know what the actual numbers of tickets available is.

I wish this would be addressed by fans and the club but probably wont be.

When an away team brings a piss poor allocation SS3 away section is opened up to City fans. While I think this is great in some ways i.e cheaper tickets for occasional visitors groups etc. It has a visible knock on effect in other areas of the ground, i.e empty seats. If the club opporated say to sell the seats around the ground at a lower price x amount of time before a game. Then once the main ground is filled up offer the SS3 away section as normal.
Its a minor gripe in some ways but id rather see the more visable areas of the ground full first before this small “away” section.

Half 2 in the morning had a few drinks idea..
Tap your card on the way out and if it’s after the final whistle you get a few extra points..?

Half 2 in the morning had a few drinks idea..
Tap your card on the way out and if it’s after the final whistle you get a few extra points..?
Sounds great but I can imaging 1 guy with 4 cards while his mates are already in the pub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.