Police want Old Firm derbies to be fan-less

Falastur

After the three red cards on the pitch yesterday, Scottish police are blaming the fans for inciting hatred and causing the tempers which got the players sent off. Also, the video on the page linked below even talks about the games shown in pubs causing violence and injury. Apparently the police want to solve these issues by making Old Firm games behind-closed-doors and stopping the fans from being able to watch the games full stop. The basic idea seems to be "enough is enough" - that we can't take any more Celtic v Rangers violence.

In fact, though the guy being interviewed rejects the idea, the idea of banning Rangers and Celtic from ever playing each other is raised, it's that serious.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-12632255" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-12632255</a>

Thoughts?

After what Rangers fans did to Manchester and what Celtic fans did to CoMS then I say do 'em :)

If Rangers got rid of that despicable prick Diouf and and the SFA made Neil Lennon watch every game gagged in a straight jacket from a padded corporate box, that might go some way to solving the problem.

They should never let either of them anywhere near the CHAMPIONSHIP.

This is the reason they should never be allowed anywhere near the EPL, would be carnage where ever they played, we dont need them or their bigotry

are the lunatics taking over the asylum? an old firm derby with no fans? bollocks. the reason we all have an opinion on it is because it's intriguing. the biggest games in the world are always the most volatile. last night's carry on at parkhead was piss funny. i'm hoping diouf signs permanently for them as it will add another spark to and already potent mix.

i honestly cant make my mind up which set of fans i think are scum. i think celtic have some right disgusting pricks but its more a minority and rangers fans seem to be scum pretty much thoughout. had a little read on the history of the rivalry after the game thought it was a brilliant fight ! :P

They're like two pub teams on a Sunday morning, but with a far larger following.

I had to agree with the Police spokesman who said that "following every old firm game the Police spend valuable resources on incidents long into the night and it's up to the public how they want their Police funding spent"

Personally I think their matches should kick off at 7am and on the day of a match no pub or off license in Glasgow should be able to sell alcohol until 1pm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.