Police want Old Firm derbies to be fan-less

BillyMC said:
Sounds to me like the problem is intermarriage between Rangers and Celtic fans. Surely if the Mrs was a Rangers fan like the hubby then he wouldnt give her a dig when Celtic scored and vice versa or is the issue more complex than that.
People stab each other in Glasgow regardless of football, its a national past time, partly down to the diet of deep fried dog turd and bottles of Buckie.

They built a wall to keep em out....
Class Billy.

BillyMC said:
Sounds to me like the problem is intermarriage between Rangers and Celtic fans. Surely if the Mrs was a Rangers fan like the hubby then he wouldnt give her a dig when Celtic scored and vice versa or is the issue more complex than that.
People stab each other in Glasgow regardless of football, its a national past time, partly down to the diet of deep fried dog turd and bottles of Buckie.

They built a wall to keep em out....

very insightful, especially the bit about national past times, though being only half Glaswegian i don't use blades, a good blowtorch suffices - dam that english heritage.

I was up for the City pre-season tournament in Dublin until I found out Celtic were competing.

The thought of pissed up scots singing pro IRA songs and all that other religious bollocks put me right off. Just imagine what the pubs and steets would be like.

citykev28 said:
are the lunatics taking over the asylum? an old firm derby with no fans? bollocks. the reason we all have an opinion on it is because it's intriguing. the biggest games in the world are always the most volatile. last night's carry on at parkhead was piss funny. i'm hoping diouf signs permanently for them as it will add another spark to and already potent mix.

Start makin' derbies fan-free and it'll never end. The whole game will be fan-free and only open to those normally allowed in to watch crown green bowls or croquet.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
citykev28 said:
are the lunatics taking over the asylum? an old firm derby with no fans? bollocks. the reason we all have an opinion on it is because it's intriguing. the biggest games in the world are always the most volatile. last night's carry on at parkhead was piss funny. i'm hoping diouf signs permanently for them as it will add another spark to and already potent mix.

Start makin' derbies fan-free and it'll never end. The whole game will be fan-free and only open to those normally allowed in to watch crown green bowls or croquet.

Just an assumption but I guess you've never been to Glasgow or the west of Scotland on old firm day?

Unfortunately for these fans, the hatred still goes way beyond the football in a lot of cases. They could play the games behind closed doors, but that would just put idiots looking for trouble in pubs and out on the streets....shit would still happen regardless of what actually went on in the match.

Maybe way more stringent measures to control the fans, like keeping the away fans inside the ground for a good hour after full time, or vastly increasing police presence (if possible without the rest of the city going unpoliced for a few hours ;) might work, but I cant see there ever being an end to the trouble at old firm games.

I dont support rangers or celtic in any way but I have to say watching the glasgow derby is better than any premier league match.

The atmosphere at any rangers or celtic match is better than at any premier league match. They're not quite aris/poznan but they still have a great atmosphere every game.

20sbc07 said:
I dont support rangers or celtic in any way but I have to say watching the glasgow derby is better than any premier league match.

The atmosphere at any rangers or celtic match is better than at any premier league match. They're not quite aris/poznan but they still have a great atmosphere every game.

Attended many Rangers games, and your wrong. Simple. Very wrong.

M.C.F.C.O.K said:
20sbc07 said:

Attended many Rangers games, and your wrong. Simple. Very wrong.

hahaha, there's your problem mate ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.