Pollution

Fuck!
I've had a massive sycamore felled and I'm slowly chopping it up. I've got 2 log burners in my house, different rooms naturally.
I ain't giving up mine with out a fight!
I feel your frustration mate, but its better to be armed with the facts
Im a Heat Vent & Air Conditioning Engineer and Ive known about wood burners for some years.
If you use them make sure you keep windows open.

Im a Heat Vent & Air Conditioning Engineer and Ive known about wood burners for some years.
1373073327_smoke.gif

Pollution, all around,
Sometimes up, sometimes down,
But always around.
Pollution, are you coming to my town
Or am I coming to yours?
We're on different buses, pollution
But we're both using petrol.
B***s.

Peoples Poet:

o5u6pg.jpg

Hahaha first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title, brilliant. (Rick mayall, not pollution)

The air quality in the UK is generally crap especially in big cities, when I visit Denmark or the Greek Islands you can almost taste the freshness in the air.

However, as others have said money us the key, nothing will change as most of the bug offending countries either can't afford to change or don't give a fuck.

it's been my experience that when a survey/study/research etc. is published, then a very large pinch of salt is needed. Our media loves lurid headlines, especially if they can be spun to suit an agenda. An article that has "studies show" is a sure sign that a, someone has sponsored the study, and b, the reason for it is never altruistic. From memory, " half the world's population to be wiped out by Aids ", " Most rapes are committed by immigrants", "Moscow sponsoring british miners", " Diesel cars kill millions ", none of these are backed by independent bodies, the way it works is back to front, you pay for a " study" to back an agenda, not to dissect fact from fiction. The media is not to be trusted on any subject, more so today than at any time in history. The public will believe what they want to believe if it fits their own bias/opinion, the Hillsborough tragedy is proof of that. The result of such blatant propaganda is that joe public has become sceptical of the media, (far too late) which is a dangerous situation , " the boy who cried wolf " is a fitting metaphor.
A political system that is in the pocket of lobby groups will ensure that no change for the better can be expected, no accountability for deliberate lies, no scrutiny of minister's ties to commercial interests no enquiries into judicial propriety. It's all bollocks, the country is fucked

it's been my experience that when a survey/study/research etc. is published, then a very large pinch of salt is needed. Our media loves lurid headlines, especially if they can be spun to suit an agenda. An article that has "studies show" is a sure sign that a, someone has sponsored the study, and b, the reason for it is never altruistic. From memory, " half the world's population to be wiped out by Aids ", " Most rapes are committed by immigrants", "Moscow sponsoring british miners", " Diesel cars kill millions ", none of these are backed by independent bodies, the way it works is back to front, you pay for a " study" to back an agenda, not to dissect fact from fiction. The media is not to be trusted on any subject, more so today than at any time in history. The public will believe what they want to believe if it fits their own bias/opinion, the Hillsborough tragedy is proof of that. The result of such blatant propaganda is that joe public has become sceptical of the media, (far too late) which is a dangerous situation , " the boy who cried wolf " is a fitting metaphor.
A political system that is in the pocket of lobby groups will ensure that no change for the better can be expected, no accountability for deliberate lies, no scrutiny of minister's ties to commercial interests no enquiries into judicial propriety. It's all bollocks, the country is fucked

Totally agree.

I really can't fathom where all these old folk are coming from, they should be well dead with all the shite they have been breathing in, perhaps lard has some Bronchial medicinal qualities :)

Having moved to Anglesey a couple of years back when I do now very occasionally come back to the North West I can literally taste the Sulphur Dioxide when I first arrive for about the first hour or so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.