Poor Home Attendances

Doesn't help that we're on telly every other week.
Had to wait 'til the Arsenal game for our first Saturday 3pm.. pathetic.

The poor attendances I mentioned were aimed primarily at the Uefa cup games. We have waited ages to get into Europe and away from home it has been fantastic yet we can't seem to generate the support even with the club offering good deals on the ticket prices.

MCFC Season Ticket Prices are still excellent value for money and their £100 policy for kids season tickets is an excellent way to bring the new blood through.

I still feel City are a bigger club than Newcastle and even with their run of form their attendances beat ours.

Lets hope one big buy in this window maybe Arshavin and some solid players will have the desired affect and the team will climb the table.

Joe90

withingtonmcfc said:
Our attendances are generally good. Everton, who I always think of as a similar sized club to us, got just 37,527 yesterday and they are 6th at the moment.

I do think though that our UEFA Cup attendances have been poor and hope we get a decent crowd in for FC Copenhagen.

your right on the uefa cup attendences. last season, city fans were pleeding to go into europe and how much we deserved it, but when we do, only 16,000 turn up.

There's absolutely no doubt that we lost fans durin' Stuart Pearces reign , but things were also beginnin' to go on a downward spiral towards the turbulent tail end of Keegans time here too ....... Pearce was merely seen as the easily available 'messiah' who could hopefully lift the club up , and also one expected to do it by spendin' peanuts too!

And it didn';t help when the club seemed to be askin' for season ticket money earlier each season , somethin' that i know pissed quite a few blues off judgin' by letters i've read in the last few years ......... but the nucleus of support is still there as we saw against United , Chelsea and Liverpool ....... we have fans just waiting for a reason to return , or come a bit more ...... we just have to give them one!

But it hardly helps that almost every time we see COMS full , we capitualte on the pitch!

i think people are only starting to realise that Stuart Pearce actually did a decent job of keeping us up, especially as we have what we do now because we're palying top flight football.

He put the football club before himself, his popularity and his reputation and just made sure we did what we could with the resources we hd to try and stay in the premier league.

A star name does not fill a stadium. It did not work with Rodney Marsh and it has not worked with Robinho. Looking like we might be competitive enough to win a friggin trophy again at last will fill it.

coz all fans are on here streaming city games thanks to shadygiz... then submit all their anger on here once were beaten.. shut bluemoon down and eastlands will hit capacity..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.