Portwood Stockport

Indaparkside

Is this the most dangerous stretch of motorway in the uk When you join the m60 motorway towards ashton you actually join it in the outside (ie) fast lane can't think of any other stretch in the uk where you actually join in the 3rd lane I'm suprised there is not severe accidents on a regular basis I asked a highways agent about it today he agreed he said that stretch was only supposed to have been built that way temp in the 70's yet 40 odd years later it's still that way really dangerous if your old/ inexperience driver or just not familiar with the area especially on these dark early nights

It's only dangerous if the driver makes it dangerous. If you're joining a motorway you need to be up to the speed of the rest of the motorway . If you're coming onto it too slow, you're the reason for the tailbacks. Plus, that lane doesn't disappear like normal slip roads do. it continues so that there is plenty of time for the driver to gather themselves

Is this the most dangerous stretch of motorway in the uk When you join the m60 motorway towards ashton you actually join it in the outside (ie) fast lane can't think of any other stretch in the uk where you actually join in the 3rd lane I'm suprised there is not severe accidents on a regular basis I asked a highways agent about it today he agreed he said that stretch was only supposed to have been built that way temp in the 70's yet 40 odd years later it's still that way really dangerous if your old/ inexperience driver or just not familiar with the area especially on these dark early nights
Just being pedantic but that junction's Bredbury not Portwood. Portwood's the one after (or before).

It's only dangerous if the driver makes it dangerous. If you're joining a motorway you need to be up to the speed of the rest of the motorway . If you're coming onto it too slow, you're the reason for the tailbacks. Plus, that lane doesn't disappear like normal slip roads do. it continues so that there is plenty of time for the driver to gather themselves

This!

I think there should be a transponder fitted to all cars; when it detects an induction loop under the surface of the sliproad, it buries the throttle. There are far too many ditherers who cannot grasp the concept of accelerating to match the speed of the traffic they are joining.

There is no such thing as a fast lane though

Yes but what if your in an artic Wolfe how does that work as technically your not allowed in that lane

correct it was just a figure of speech
Yes it is, but it was the basis on which you think that stretch is dangerous isnt it? There are speed restrictions there, so every car is going the same speed. Therefore there is no need to overtake, which is all the 3rd lane should be for. As it is, you are just pulling into a lane in which everyone is going the same speed. Not dangerous, or shouldnt be

Yes it is, but it was the basis on which you think that stretch is dangerous isnt it? There are speed restrictions there, so every car is going the same speed. Therefore there is no need to overtake, which is all the 3rd lane should be for. As it is, you are just pulling into a lane in which everyone is going the same speed. Not dangerous, or shouldnt be
no if I'm right there's only speed restrictions on the other side of motorway towards Stockport could be wrong though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.