Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

If he is cheap then yes as longbas he is happy to be a bench/squad player, which I doubt. Good enough for a squad filler but not a starter.
I don't think he would expect to be a starter for us straight away, but that would be the long term aim. He already has excellent passing and vision. If he develops, there's no reason why he couldn't become a regular starter for us, imo. And if we keep the likes of Toure, along with Gundogan's injury troubles (hopefully finished now) and Silva and Fernandinho not getting any younger, there'd be plenty of game time for him.

Barkley for me definitely if we can get him cheap see if he can do it and if not move him on for a profit , young and English helps fill the quota .We wanted him a couple of seasons back at 50 million if we can steal him for around 20 it's a no brainier

Obviously the goalkeeper. I am probably one of only a few blues who think Bravo will come good, but I only think it and we can't possibly go into a new season with doubt over the most important position on the pitch.

We have a few weaknesses:

Goalkeeper: Doubt over Bravo
Both full backs. Navas big improvement but feel he could be got at defensively
Centre-back cover for Kompany if he gets injured
Replacement for Toure
Replace Aguero

6 players would be ideal. Doubt we'll get them all.

Last edited:
Yep. He is very good as a pivot, sadly we don't seem to have any links :(

I think we were linked with him last Summer, if the interest was genuine then I'm sure we will have been keeping an eye on him. He's a cracking player, would be very happy if we got him.

Barkley for me definitely if we can get him cheap see if he can do it and if not move him on for a profit , young and English helps fill the quota .We wanted him a couple of seasons back at 50 million if we can steal him for around 20 it's a no brainier

They don't have that much leverage but Everton will still try and rinse us. The bidding will start at 50m but no one (apart from Ed Woodward) will pay that. Then again if Everton start the bidding at 50 Ed will probably bid 70! I can see Barkley going for circa 30m - but only because he's English. I think Pep could turn him into a star but equally if he goes to the wrong club he might never fulfill his potential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.