Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

My thinking is - we extended Yaya for a reason. We have a target in mind at DM but he's obviously not immediately available. Fabinho doesn't fit the bill that Pep requires, yet Yaya did an adequate job in the position to the point that, perhaps, a rotation with Fernandinho could be enough in the short term.

I don't think we're really in on Carvalho, but we'll see.

Completely agree on Yaya, it wouldn't have been for sentimental reasons.

10 minute interview with Aaron Mooy on the website.

Perhaps we're going to give him a run next season? Why would we even bother with this interview if he was getting shifted out?

There won't be a CM bought this summer. The six players for the three positions are Toure, Ferna, Silva, Silva, Gundo, KDB.

10 minute interview with Aaron Mooy on the website.

Perhaps we're going to give him a run next season? Why would we even bother with this interview if he was getting shifted out?

Mooy is going to be used to show how A-League players can use Melbourne City as a stepping stone to the Premier League.

Traditionally it's been almost impossible for them to get the move over, Mooy couldn't get anyone to take him until he was a Manchester City player being hawked on loan - and even then only Huddersfield, 19th in the Championship, would take a punt on a clearly premier league calibre player.

So that's why the profile boosting and media work IMO. Let all the other good Aleague players see how well he's done and make them want to go to Melbourne City.

There won't be a CM bought this summer. The six players for the three positions are Toure, Ferna, Silva, Silva, Gundo, KDB.
So, we are aiming for some top-notch targets like Weigl next summer, rather than making compromises, am I assuming it right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.