Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

To play devils advocate here, what do you think would happen if we offered Chelsea £80 million for Kante?

Is there anyone who wouldn't want him, and why?

We have the funds, do we have the ambition and arrogance?

Chelsea took Liverpool's then star man in Torres, and in the 90s the rags regularly took the best player from rival teams. Could we try it. Despite this season's results I still believe we are a bigger club than Chelsea, but to beat them we need to get better players after they've recently done very well in the transfer market. Taking one of their best would be a terrific statement of intent that we mean business.

No we cannot. And no we are far from being at Chelsea's level as a team atm so why would he join us?

A Nasri - Nzonzi swap deal would sort this position out and for nothing more than 10m. We could also give mooy some play time.

Mooy? A decent Championship level player, in the heart of our midfield when our rivals have Alli, Kante and Pogba?

If we are to do better than this season, we have to think big. Absolutely zero room for trying out youngsters, we can't afford yet another season of transition. As the op said, we have to get this position bang on in the transfer window. Proven world class.

Why not?

We won't be far off if we buy the right players. And we have more financial backing than them.

That's not certain. Plus I don't find Chelsea to be the type of club who'd let go of their star players to rival clubs. Hell I don't even think Real can get Hazard from them unless Hazard really pushes for it. Their management is one of the best in the market imo.

Again, allowing Wanyama to move to Spurs for 11m no questions asked is poor for the standards we should be at. He is exactly the sort of DM we needed and is one of, if not the best in the league along with Kante.

Fullbacks are more important. We have 3 players at the club that can play the pivot role for next season even if none of them are ideally suited to it - Dinho, Delph and Gundogan. We have zero fullbacks fit for purpose and 3 of the 4 we do have are on the way out.

Fullbacks are more important. We have 3 players at the club that can play the pivot role for next season even if none of them are ideally suited to it - Dinho, Delph and Gundogan. We have zero fullbacks fit for purpose and 3 of the 4 we do have are on the way out.
Agree 100%. We need fullbacks most of all.

I'd go for Eric Dier (23 yrs) or Weigl (21yrs). Both are young, Dier is English, Weigl plays like a young Pirlo. They wouldn't be cheap, but that'd be money well invested in my opinion.

To play devils advocate here, what do you think would happen if we offered Chelsea £80 million for Kante?

Is there anyone who wouldn't want him, and why?

We have the funds, do we have the ambition and arrogance?

Chelsea took Liverpool's then star man in Torres, and in the 90s the rags regularly took the best player from rival teams. Could we try it. Despite this season's results I still believe we are a bigger club than Chelsea, but to beat them we need to get better players after they've recently done very well in the transfer market. Taking one of their best would be a terrific statement of intent that we mean business.

80M for Kante are you off your tits on crack?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.