Position we must get right this summer - DM

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Charlesfarsbar, 1 May 2017.

1. PW

PW

Hope that's the type we go for, it's the only area of the pitch we are really light if Fern gets injured or banned, with the latter more likely.

2. Sir Joe Aguero

Sir Joe Aguero

Would we be going for an aggressive box-to-box DM like Fernandinho, or a playmaker that's a good tackler like Alonso? Always liked Vidal but I don't think we'd get him.

3. Waxys

Waxys

I think David Luiz is a good option and the most realistic. Can’t think of too many other CDMs who can also play CB.

4. Alex-MCFC

Alex-MCFC

Ingolstadt in spirit - Manchester my abode
    Bayern supposedly want rid due to his poor attitude. That said, he probably lacks the defensive restraint to play in the Fernandinho role.

5. Divino da Guia

Divino da Guia

Arthur(21)
    Young - check
    Brilliant with the ball - check
    Midget - check
    Dont know if the link with Barca is true.

6. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

BARCELONA have reportedly apologised to Brazilian club Gremio after a picture of Arthur in a club shirt appeared.
    The 21-year-old is highly fancied to make a move to Europe and Barca are favourites to sign him.

The La Liga giants had sporting director Robert Fernandez out in South America scouting Arthur for the last week.
    And a snap of Fernandez with Arthur wearing the famous claret and blue of the Catalan giants was posted online despite a deal not being done for the midfielder.

Barca have already been told they will have to pay £44million for Arthur because of his release clause.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5063171/barcelona-gremio-apology-arthur/

7. talkativesprout

talkativesprout

I was going to suggest something left field and suggest a return of Jerome Boetang might be an option, seems Pep had the same idea once...don't think it went too well
    [​IMG]

8. Jazzman

Jazzman

This kid has been made into a great DM this season. I think he would be perfect for us. He is still only 21 and out if contract next summer.

9. Jazzman

Jazzman

Hmm the post was moved and can no longer be understood. I am talking about Max Meyer from Schalke 04