Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Even if Fred is not necessarily the replacement for Fernandinho I think he is a very good player and be a great player to have in the squad.

Fernandinhos athleticism, game management, presence on the pitch, understanding of what Pep wants in the various stages of the pitch amongst other things is what makes him so vital and almost impossible to replace.

For years we stuck him in a team that required him to do about 3 jobs, now he has one and the one he is good at then we are all seeing how good he is.

Fred comes across Asmara someone who wants a move, something to take him to the next level. Exactly how Fernandinho was a few years back.

Weigl is very talented and is struggling in a disjointed Dortmund team, he simply isn’t a replacement for Fernandinho however

I've not seems anywhere near enough of Fred to gauge whether he's good enough to replace arguably our most important player.

Stop this. Stop this right now. You can't have this type of opinion on these threads. You either say "from what I have seen he's brilliant/ rubbish/ my best friend in the world" or "Pep knows best."

What's it to be?

Does anyone think it would be possible to arrange a deal for both Weigl and Fred? Perhaps we could buy both and loan out one of them for another season. We could take fred next summer and allow Weigl another season at Dortmund or bring in Weigl next season and loan Fred to Girona?

Perhaps allowing Weigl another season at Dortmund could bring down his transfer fee.

Does anyone think it would be possible to arrange a deal for both Weigl and Fred? Perhaps we could buy both and loan out one of them for another season. We could take fred next summer and allow Weigl another season at Dortmund or bring in Weigl next season and loan Fred to Girona?

Perhaps allowing Weigl another season at Dortmund could bring down his transfer fee.
Don't think Fred would be too keen on the idea of leaving Shaktar and CL football to go to Girona.

Don't think Fred would be too keen on the idea of leaving Shaktar and CL football to go to Girona.

I know. But playing in the Spanish league over the Ukrainian league might be tempting. I have always assumed shaktar are in a similar position to Celtic. A great club in a poor league. We often see players go from Celtic to a mid table team in a bigger league , such as Van Dijk, Shaun Maloney or even Aiden mcGeady.

I know. But playing in the Spanish league over the Ukrainian league might be tempting. I have always assumed shaktar are in a similar position to Celtic. A great club in a poor league. We often see players go from Celtic to a mid table team in a bigger league , such as Van Dijk, Shaun Maloney or even Aiden mcGeady.
They're way ahead of Celtic mate, Ukrainian league is top 10 in Europe and they've the money to pay much higher wages.

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.