Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

I like the look of Soumare, very energetic for a kid of his size.

More on him:
"Manchester City are checking on Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare.
The 18-year-old only joined Lille from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer on a three year contract but has broken into their first team and impressed with his energetic, box to box performances. Lille are under pressure financially though and may be forced to sell some of their squad this window to evade sanctions from the French football federation.

Soumare first impressed City playing for PSG's U19s in the UEFA Youth League and scouts were sent to watch him in action on Saturday evening against Caen.
City want to bolster their midfield options as well as add a forward and left-sided defender.
They have discussed a £40million bid for Shakhtar Donetsk's Fred, who is also on Manchester United's wishlist, while Jean-Michael Seri of Nice has also been considered.
Soumare is 6ft 2ins tall and would add extra physical presence with Yaya Toure coming to the end of his contract in the summer."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...y-eye-Lille-midfielder-Boubakary-Soumare.html

I like the look of Soumare, very energetic for a kid of his size.

More on him:
"Manchester City are checking on Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare.
The 18-year-old only joined Lille from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer on a three year contract but has broken into their first team and impressed with his energetic, box to box performances. Lille are under pressure financially though and may be forced to sell some of their squad this window to evade sanctions from the French football federation.

Soumare first impressed City playing for PSG's U19s in the UEFA Youth League and scouts were sent to watch him in action on Saturday evening against Caen.
City want to bolster their midfield options as well as add a forward and left-sided defender.
They have discussed a £40million bid for Shakhtar Donetsk's Fred, who is also on Manchester United's wishlist, while Jean-Michael Seri of Nice has also been considered.
Soumare is 6ft 2ins tall and would add extra physical presence with Yaya Toure coming to the end of his contract in the summer."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...y-eye-Lille-midfielder-Boubakary-Soumare.html

Speaking of Lille midfielders, any idea how Thiago Maia is getting on? Thought he looked good the few times I saw him for Brazil but tbh I don't have a lot of access to watch Ligue 1. Pretty good passer of the ball IIRC.

Speaking of Lille midfielders, any idea how Thiago Maia is getting on? Thought he looked good the few times I saw him for Brazil but tbh I don't have a lot of access to watch Ligue 1. Pretty good passer of the ball IIRC.
Lille's performances are hardly encouraging, so I don't watch them regularly and can't give any useful info. Maia is their main DM this season (19 games in all comps). In his only full game (LOSC-Nice) Soumare played as B2B 8, Maia was 6.

Lille's performances are hardly encouraging, so I don't watch them regularly and can't give any useful info. Maia is their main DM this season (19 games in all comps). In his only full game (LOSC-Nice) Soumare played as B2B 8, Maia was 6.

Cheers

Highly recommended article dedicated to possible Dinho replacement.
"Scouting a Replacement for Manchester City’s Fernandinho
Inspired by my recent contributions to Eif’s MLS Transfer Shortlist (and by Ashwin Raman), I’ve decided to continue my scouting parlay as a full-blown article. One of England’s most intriguing players – Fernandinho – has had a magnificent season as Manchester City’s #6, but he’s not getting any younger. I will explore possible replacements for the Brazilian in great detail. Enjoy!"
http://www.eifsoccer.com/leagues/premier-league/scouting-fernandinho-replacement/

Inspired by my recent contributions to Eif’s MLS Transfer Shortlist (and by Ashwin Raman), I’ve decided to continue my scouting parlay as a full-blown article. One of England’s most intriguing players – Fernandinho – has had a magnificent season as Manchester City’s #6, but he’s not getting any younger. I will explore possible replacements for the Brazilian in great detail. Enjoy!"
http://www.eifsoccer.com/leagues/premier-league/scouting-fernandinho-replacement/
Personally think Diawara is extremely overrated and that author puts too much emphasis on long passes and not enough on football intelligence and game management.

Personally think Diawara is extremely overrated and that author puts too much emphasis on long passes and not enough on football intelligence and game management.
Agree, Diawara sits on Napoli's bench for a reason. The author is impressed by his athleticism, underrating Weigl's footwork and vision. And De Jong won't be a DM in a tougher league.

Still think it's a very good article as it covers numerous options.

interesting read. I think I suggested a few on that list in the Dihno thread. Toquiera, Arthur, De Jong and Fred. But a few on that list ( based on his description) I'd like to see. Dedonker, Barge and the Mexican kid sounded very interesting.

Agree, Diawara sits on Napoli's bench for a reason. The author is impressed by his athleticism, underrating Weigl's footwork and vision. And De Jong won't be a DM in a tougher league.

Still think it's a very good article as it covers numerous options.
I still think De Jong will be phenomenal. I don't rate Diawara as highly as the writer does. Don't rate Wiegl as highly either. Arthur, and De Jong blow me away when I watch them. Touquira and Fred seem like great passing DM fits.

But his description of Dendonker and Pineda really perked my interest.

I still think De Jong will be phenomenal. I don't rate Diawara as highly as the writer does. Don't rate Wiegl as highly either. Arthur, and De Jong blow me away when I watch them. Touquira and Fred seem like great passing DM fits.

But his description of Dendonker and Pineda really perked my interest.
Can see De Jong becoming worldclass, but as 8, next Xavi/Modric. Read his interview, he admits that "they don't use players like me in that position (CB/DM) in top leagues". Hope Pep lures him in 2019 at least, losing him to Madrid or Barca would be a terrible mistake. I'm a big fan.

Don't know much about Arthur but he's rumoured to be Barca-bound.

Torreira is a very interesting solution, IMO he's better than Seri and is already playing in a similar system under Giampaolo. Sampdoria is a spectacular pressing team this season. The only issue is that he's tiny, like Verratti.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.