Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Aleix Garcia

He isn't ready & might never be, but he can actually do already, most of the stuff many of these guys being mooted as replacements for Fernandinho can do.

But DeJong is better than him.

He has signed a new deal & doesn't want to move, but imo, we should make Ajax, & him, an offer they cannot refuse. Even if it means him staying there next season.

Fabinho or Eric Dier would be perfect DM's for us.

To be quite honest I dont really rate Fred; he's too much of an attacking player, we need a proper Defensive Midfielder otherwise we run the risk of being seriously too top-heavy. We have looked defensively shakey in the last few games. We have enough Attacking Centre-Mids as is.... (Gundogan, KDB, D.Silva, B.Silva....).

Would like to see an out and out DM like Fabinho or Dier or even Weigl come.

Eric Dier?
Eric Dier??
Eric Dier???
Eric Dier????
Eric Dier?????

Watch him mate, he is quality.
He may not be a flashy player but Dier is so defensively sound. Has an excellent reading of the game and his successful interception and tackle numbers are astounding. Im sure if he was called Diërinho or something he would get a bit more recognition. Was the second best DM in the prem last year (obviously behind Kante). It doesn't matter though, levy would never sell to us.

Fabinho is the preferred target anyway, would be easier to get too; trying to get a player from Tottenham is like trying to get blood from a stone.

Watch him mate, he is quality.
He may not be a flashy player but Dier is so defensively sound. Has an excellent reading of the game and his successful interception and tackle numbers are astounding. Im sure if he was called Diërinho or something he would get a bit more recognition. Was the second best DM in the prem last year (obviously behind Kante). It doesn't matter though, levy would never sell to us.

Fabinho is the preferred target anyway, would be easier to get too; trying to get a player from Tottenham is like trying to get blood from a stone.

Good mate of mine is a Spuds fan and he thinks that they need an upgrade on Dier to really compete (along with other areas of course).

Good mate of mine is a Spuds fan and he thinks that they need an upgrade on Dier to really compete (along with other areas of course).

Fair enough mate, I understand anyone can look good in a youtube video. I don't watch the Spuds regularly but I make a habit to catch their games when citeh arent playing as they are a young team that play nice football- and when I do catch their games Dier has always impressed me. He quietly does the defensive duties and mops up without much fuss. We've missed an out and out quality DM since De Jong.

BUT if your mate, who is a spuds fan, is saying he's gobshite then yeah that does definitely raise some major red flags. Just not sold on Fred, we need a DM not another attacking minded midfielder. Hope we pick up Fabinho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.