Position we must get right this summer - DM

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Charlesfarsbar, 1 May 2017.

1. SergioSilva

SergioSilva

Would love Fabinho at City, ideal long term replacement for Fernandinho.

2. Summerbee88

Summerbee88

What about Danilo Pereira?

3. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Fernando looked better on youtube.

4. Jazzman

Jazzman

If Fred is a serious option as the Yaya replacement I think Max Meyer from Schalke should be too. Transfermarkt.de reports he has still not signed a new contract with Schalke, so he will be free in the summer. Barcelona is interested and also Arsenal. We should be all over this guy. He is only 22 and has loads of experience in the Bundesliga. Looks like a Pep player to me.

5. Divino da Guia

Divino da Guia

DM should be a priority. Fernandinho will be 33 in may. Veteran midfielders can drop their level very fast these days. Remember a 32 years old Schweinsteiger at United.

6. FCBarca

FCBarca

Weigl but it will be complicated, contract through 2021 and club has already been pressured to sell 2 players they weren't prepared to yet. Looking elsewhere might make sense but I gotta believe this is the one player Pep really wants. The good, however, is that no one will be able to identify a better alternative than Guardiola himself. Trust in Pep

7. Dax777

Dax777

Looks a clumsier version of Fernando

8. wattle

wattle

If Fred comes in then we have him, fern and Delph for that position. Plenty good enough

9. Delphacito

Delphacito

The way we play we have 80% of the ball almost every game. I know the position is called 'Defensive Midfielder' but really their defensive skills shouldn't be a big factor here. 80% of the time we will be on the offensive so it makes more sense to get someone whose best skill is suited to that 80%. We don't need a tank for our DM. Busquets isn't a tank. And when there's a need for defending, the whole team will defend, none of this 1 person will defend and stop counter attacks bollocks.

10. abu13

abu13

Getting away with as little as possible
    More to the point just look how quickly Yaya faded.