Positive changes to ticket exchange

franksinatra

Ticket Exchange: Number of Tickets which can be Exchanged

As a Seasoncard holder for the forthcoming Season, you are entitled to trade up to six (6) home Premier League tickets on the Manchester City Ticket Exchange. We have updated the Ticket Exchange Terms and Conditions to make this clearer.

Ticket Exchange: Timeframes

For the forthcoming Season, we would like to inform you of two small amendments to the process for listing and selling tickets on the Ticket Exchange.

Firstly, tickets may be provisionally listedon the Ticket Exchange four (4) weeks prior to the scheduled fixture date for the relevant Match in question (instead of when the tickets for the Match go on general sale as was previously the case).

Secondly, whereas previously tickets were released for sale by the Club on the Ticket Exchange on the earlier of (i) the fixture selling out and (ii) 7 days prior to the Match being played, the Club may now release these tickets for sale earlier than 7 days prior to the scheduled fixture date, however please be assured that, if this was the case, the Club will communicate the exact time frames to all Seasoncard holders.

Last edited:
Good news, the 6 ticket exchange limit was one of my suggestions on City Voice when they surveyed us to try and stop those people who just buy cheap season tickets to guarantee seats to a handful of big games and then leave the seat empty the rest of the time

Never realised there wasn't a 6 game limit, I know the old viagogo had a limit. Good idea to bring it back.

Bit gutted by this tbh, let me explain - i never missed a home match in over 20 years (apart from occasional illness), until last season where because i had just given birth and things were difficult i ended up missing half the season, luckily i could sell them and get the money off this years otherwise i wouldn't have been able to afford it (and no, no family to give the ticket to). Now this season, i'm hoping to only miss night matches and things that clash with his bday and things! So it should be less than 6... but, if problems kick in it was a relief to know i can still sell more than that if needed. I know you guys are happy as you think a billion people buy season tickets just for the big games (buy hey i went to burnley and missed liverpool last season!), but not everyone who used the exchange was like that. I wish it was maybe half, 9 or so, that would be allowed.
But whatever.. I'll get over it ;)

Good news, the 6 ticket exchange limit was one of my suggestions on City Voice when they surveyed us to try and stop those people who just buy cheap season tickets to guarantee seats to a handful of big games and then leave the seat empty the rest of the time

But surely if those people "buy cheap season tickets to guarantee seats to a handful of big games and then leave the seat empty the rest of the time" then they are NOT using ticket exchange, as if they did - it wouldn't be emoty would it! you are listing a problem caused by cheap season tickets, not by ticket exchange.
(Not that cheap season tickets should ever be a problem!)

But surely if those people "buy cheap season tickets to guarantee seats to a handful of big games and then leave the seat empty the rest of the time" then they are NOT using ticket exchange, as if they did - it wouldn't be emoty would it! you are listing a problem caused by cheap season tickets, not by ticket exchange.
(Not that cheap season tickets should ever be a problem!)
Fair point...
But maybe they do try to list tickets on the exchange for the games they don't fancy and they just don't sell (e.g. Stoke on a midweek night), leading to the empty seat scenario that supporters of other clubs like to try to use as a stick to beat us with?
(And nope cheap season tickets aren't a problem!)

club should buy it back guaranteed and put it into their allocation to flog. This "we'll give it back to you" stuff is bollocks and stops most tickets getting sold.

Bit gutted by this tbh, let me explain - i never missed a home match in over 20 years (apart from occasional illness), until last season where because i had just given birth and things were difficult i ended up missing half the season, luckily i could sell them and get the money off this years otherwise i wouldn't have been able to afford it (and no, no family to give the ticket to). Now this season, i'm hoping to only miss night matches and things that clash with his bday and things! So it should be less than 6... but, if problems kick in it was a relief to know i can still sell more than that if needed. I know you guys are happy as you think a billion people buy season tickets just for the big games (buy hey i went to burnley and missed liverpool last season!), but not everyone who used the exchange was like that. I wish it was maybe half, 9 or so, that would be allowed.

Agreed, this new system will only guarantee more empty seats.

My son has started to work erratic hours and has had a seasoncard for over 15 years but for the next year or three cannot make all games. If I cannot sell his seat on the Ticket Exchange then his seat will now remain empty for the games he cannot attend. Last season I took a friend or family member free of charge when he couldn't make it and it didn't sell on the ticket exchange, often they only decided to go on the day of the game. I will not do this this season as I cannot be bothered emailing varying people's full details each time for the acceptance of the club, especially if it is last minute.

Result......an empty seat whereas last year it would have been occupied.

Last edited:
Yes personally I think this will lead to more empty seats.

I live in Dublin but this year I won't have the cash to go as much in the past 10-12 times.

I was going to give up th seat but specifically asked if there was a limited on the exchange as I thought it was 6 and they said no. I renewed as that will help ease the pain for the next year or 2 - and also because I had some credits from last year.

I've no problem giving it to someone for the games I can't go to but can only see this leading to an increase in empty seats

Well done for keeping your ticket going, I hope you and your son are healthy, happy and blues for a long long time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.