Positive changes to ticket exchange

I haven't asked anybody to give up their Season card blingy. if somebody has very good reasons why they would need to sell their seat for more than for six games (health problems and pregnancy were mentioned earlier in the thread) they could ring up the Club and ask for help / more flexibility.

You might think touting is OK but a lot of Blues despise touting to fellow fans
I deplore touting but would the club really lose out if they guaranteed the S/T credit through the exchange, regardless of whether it sells or not? That way, the club are in complete control of selling the tickets and there is absolutely no need for fans to be risking not be allowed in or S/T holders risking a ban due to someone misbehaving. Course, it would help if all the prices were a little more reasonable as well!

Tell me this then if the club are so concerned about who sits in the relevant seats. Last season I sold off my two season cards for a match to a friend of a friend just for face value as normal. I had an e-mail through saying confirming the purchase of an extra 4 tickets for the said match! Obviously the guy who had my ticket had phoned the club and purchased four more tickets and had them sent to another address. I went mad phoned City up and said how could this happen how could they get through the security checks??? Dare say I didn't get a clear answer just that they would look into it!

Season tickets should be for people who are going to attend for a season if you cant attend the majority of games jack it in and let someone who can attend go .then you just buy the tickets you need .problem solved no empty seat
Oh, cheers mate, good idea. I'll have to give a bollocking to the surgeon who operated on my wife's cancer a couple of months back, and tell him to give us a whole lot more notice next time, so I can relinquish my season tickets. Then I can sit for a couple of years on the waiting list before I can get it back, selfish bastard that I am.

Tell me this then if the club are so concerned about who sits in the relevant seats. Last season I sold off my two season cards for a match to a friend of a friend just for face value as normal. I had an e-mail through saying confirming the purchase of an extra 4 tickets for the said match! Obviously the guy who had my ticket had phoned the club and purchased four more tickets and had them sent to another address. I went mad phoned City up and said how could this happen how could they get through the security checks??? Dare say I didn't get a clear answer just that they would look into it!

Sounds like he took your name and supporters number off your card, phoned up and pretended to be you, paid for them and sent them elsewhere. In the past I cant think of city carrying out any real security checks over the phone other than to confirm your name, DOB and address which can also be available if the friend knows you well or through some sort of social media. The worse case is that person could phone up and "cancel" your ST, purchase hundreds of ££ of random tickets, change or gain your bank details or come up with some creative ways to mess you around. Data protection at its best.

I think with city you can act on behalf of others (in my case for my father) but where does that line be drawn. Again, it has been widely documented the shambles that can be city box office or city on the phones.

So you gave your ticket to a 'friend of a friend' which from the desctiption you hardly, if at all, knew and they then purchased an additional four tickets with the information you supplied and you were mad with the club?

Sounds like he took your name and supporters number off your card, phoned up and pretended to be you, paid for them and sent them elsewhere. In the past I cant think of city carrying out any real security checks over the phone other than to confirm your name, DOB and address which can also be available if the friend knows you well or through some sort of social media. The worse case is that person could phone up and "cancel" your ST, purchase hundreds of ££ of random tickets, change or gain your bank details or come up with some creative ways to mess you around. Data protection at its best.

I think with city you can act on behalf of others (in my case for my father) but where does that line be drawn. Again, it has been widely documented the shambles that can be city box office or city on the phones.
Thing is I questioned my mate abut it and he said he need not give out any of my details and my mate defo would not know my date of birth. I was just worried this guy would do like you say buy tickets somehow charge them to me and it was just before the semi final and thought he might get my them tickets before me. I will be much more careful now but at the time I was seriously ill over two seasons so I just wanted to recoup my outlay and my mate was really helpful moving on my tickets.

Thing is I questioned my mate abut it and he said he need not give out any of my details and my mate defo would not know my date of birth. I was just worried this guy would do like you say buy tickets somehow charge them to me and it was just before the semi final and thought he might get my them tickets before me. I will be much more careful now but at the time I was seriously ill over two seasons so I just wanted to recoup my outlay and my mate was really helpful moving on my tickets.

Thats a fair enough response and answers my message.

So you gave your ticket to a 'friend of a friend' which from the desctiption you hardly, if at all, knew and they then purchased an additional four tickets with the information you supplied and you were mad with the club?
Yeah see what you are saying but as I said I was seriously ill at the time and was just trying to recoup what I had spent I was not profiteering. I agree although passing on through a close mate I have only myself to blame but surely if the club are selling additional tickets to me they should ask security questions and as the guy must of paid by credit card then he obviously had to give his personal name and card details and delivery address so he obviously wasn't me so yes I was a little disappointed with the club!

Oh, cheers mate, good idea. I'll have to give a bollocking to the surgeon who operated on my wife's cancer a couple of months back, and tell him to give us a whole lot more notice next time, so I can relinquish my season tickets. Then I can sit for a couple of years on the waiting list before I can get it back, selfish bastard that I am.

It won't take you two years
There's loads up for grabs in the Tunnel Club

Yeah see what you are saying but as I said I was seriously ill at the time and was just trying to recoup what I had spent I was not profiteering. I agree although passing on through a close mate I have only myself to blame but surely if the club are selling additional tickets to me they should ask security questions and as the guy must of paid by credit card then he obviously had to give his personal name and card details and delivery address so he obviously wasn't me so yes I was a little disappointed with the club!

I think probably because new credit card information was provided and went through they did not need to undertake further checks. If the bloke had tried to use a registered credit card with the club they would have wanted to know the security number on the back etc.

I could be wrong on this but pretty sure passing on the tickets like that the club could have taken a dim view. I think they usually turn a blind eye but bringing it to there attention like that was a bit of a risk but understandable in the situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.