Possible MCFC rugby team?

not my fault!

Team supported
God’s own
Now I'm not sure how reliable this info is, but I've just been told East Manchester Rugby club (I think that's who he said) have all of a sudden, literally over night, turned pro to the leagues surprise. The guy told me it's because MCFC have now started funding them & they are/will be playing near to the Etihad.
Now does this suggest City are planning a professional rugby club? We did hear rumours of this some years ago but nothing ever happened. As I say it's just a rumour I've heard in passing this morning but is interesting if true & would increase revenue if a clubs using the City name, facilities etc. of course it could just be City funding them for no other reason than helping them out through CITC but one to keep an eye on perhaps?

As long as it's not that horrible tip rugby game you lot play.

Tip, flip, flap, flop rugby where forward passes are the norm and the big girls dont push too hard in the scrum because the scrum half throws the ball in at an angle of 45 degrees between the loose forwards legs.

Now I'm not sure how reliable this info is, but I've just been told East Manchester Rugby club (I think that's who he said) have all of a sudden, literally over night, turned pro to the leagues surprise. The guy told me it's because MCFC have now started funding them & they are/will be playing near to the Etihad.
Now does this suggest City are planning a professional rugby club? We did hear rumours of this some years ago but nothing ever happened. As I say it's just a rumour I've heard in passing this morning but is interesting if true & would increase revenue if a clubs using the City name, facilities etc. of course it could just be City funding them for no other reason than helping them out through CITC but one to keep an eye on perhaps?

Is it connected to this MEN article from 2 years ago? This team are supposed to be playing at the new Speedway stadium opening next March.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/new-manchester-rl-club-launched-1738006

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.