Possible MCFC rugby team?

What a total waste of Money
Rugby League is absolute crap International Union is marginally better but we should be no where near either of these crap sports let alone wasting time and money. loads of people have tried and failed to make rugby work as a spectator sport but I would sooner watch a Chess match.

LMAO. Completely agree, Union is so up it's own arse it's untrue.

There is a problem with both codes playing to stereotype. RU is a bit old boys club but at the same time RL is a bit simple game for simple people.

The thing is RU is rapidly becoming more professional in its approach where as RL has been very professional and massively hyped by Sky for years and yet there are still very few people who care. RU has a much brighter future. The only rugby I make a point of watching is the RU internationals which are excellent as a sporting contest, extremely professional and incredibly competitive at that level. I’d agree the RL clubs are not far off but it just isn’t as good to watch and I don’t care if one poxy northern town beats some other poxy northern town. It says a lot when St Helens and Wigan are the giants of the game.

I would be interested in a Manchester RU club playing in the top level i.e. Heineken cub. That would be awesome.

Proper rugby, the full contact stuff, or that public school boy shite where they kick it away every time someone gets near to tackling them.....'union' I think they call it.

Proper rugby, the full contact stuff, or that public school boy shite where they kick it away every time someone gets near to tackling them.....'union' I think they call it.
They stop play in league before they even make fucking contact.

Wipe your fanny's and take the tackle.

There is a problem with both codes playing to stereotype. RU is a bit old boys club but at the same time RL is a bit simple game for simple people.

The thing is RU is rapidly becoming more professional in its approach where as RL has been very professional and massively hyped by Sky for years and yet there are still very few people who care. RU has a much brighter future. The only rugby I make a point of watching is the RU internationals which are excellent as a sporting contest, extremely professional and incredibly competitive at that level. I’d agree the RL clubs are not far off but it just isn’t as good to watch and I don’t care if one poxy northern town beats some other poxy northern town. It says a lot when St Helens and Wigan are the giants of the game.

I would be interested in a Manchester RU club playing in the top level i.e. Heineken cub. That would be awesome.

Sorry, Rugby League isn't "a simple game for simple people" mate, watching the game and seeing a top class Half Back perform with creativity you'll see that it combines both the physical and intelligent. And the poxy Northern Towns you mention are old historic clubs that just have a different place in a different game.

Just different peoples opinions I know, and I guess if you don't know much about Rugby League, you don't know.

What a total waste of Money
Rugby League is absolute crap International Union is marginally better but we should be no where near either of these crap sports let alone wasting time and money. loads of people have tried and failed to make rugby work as a spectator sport but I would sooner watch a Chess match.

Why care what ADUG wastes money on? At least this, unlike most things, would not impact FFP in any way, shape or form. As far as I'm concerned, they can spend as much money as they like on this stuff. Why not run both a RU and RL side, rather than having to pick between the two?

Anyway, I'd be really interested to see this happen (despite having so little interest in rugby that I can't even be bothered to join in the Union v League argument) but I've heard a few rumours before of CFG branching out into other sports and yet nothing remotely substantial has ever happened - and let's not forget that CFG actually went so far as to shut down Melbourne City's futsal team rather than operate it, in the one time CFG have ever run a non-football organisation - so I have a sneaking suspicion that we have no intention of doing this. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Hi, the Rugby Team playing out of Manchester Regional Arena is Manchester Rangers RLFC www.manchesterrangers.co.uk. There’s no involvement in the running of the club by Manchester City FC, other than they occasionally share our posts and tweets and we have a good relationship with some of the staff there. However, we are close in terms of our location and who knows what the future holds. We are a League team (apologies to the union guys). We have to start off at the bottom of the leagues as we have this year, as does every team starting out new in the competitive league structure. Our ambition is to turn professional and we have a very strong board of directors guiding the club, but this decision is entirely down to the powers that be i.e. the RFL. It’s a great spectator sport and we'd be delighted to see you there at our next home game versus Chester Gladiators on Friday 7th August. Its £2 for adults & £1 for Children. Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/MCRRangerRL or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rangersrl Cheers, Phil.

Cheers for posting here Phil.. Given that you started the rugby team you ought to know your onions.
It´s not really like you dismiss the idea though i.e "who knows what the future holds"
This little article below from earlier this year is also a bit mystifying in regards to the future I think.

Manchester Rangers Rugby League Football Club have taken another important step in their development, announcing that their 2015 fixtures will be played at Manchester Regional Arena, part of the Etihad campus.
The stadium has a capacity of 6,500, and is located on the same site as Manchester City FC's ground.
As a result of this, and the club's growth over the last couple of years or so, the club's men's senior team has rebranded from from East Manchester Rangers ARLFC to Manchester Rangers RLFC.
"It is an historic day for rugby league in the city of Manchester," said Phil Fitton, the club chairman.
"We outlined our plans for a professional club in Manchester and over the last two years we have been working closely with numerous organisations to lay the foundations for this to happen.
"Manchester is a sporting hot bed and we believe Rugby League can thrive at a professional level within the City.
"We can’t thank Eastlands Trust and Manchester City Council enough for their ongoing support and guidance to aid us in our vision."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.