Possible return to Umbro?

I thought Umbro were owned by Nike now? They made some great kits for us in the past, but I also remember how quickly the bastards ditched us back in the 90's (after years of loyalty to them), when they got the contract to make kits for the rags

Have to laugh when people have a tug over Umbro. Yes, the 09/10 its were "super, smashing, great". But a lot on here have selective memories. The kits we had from them in the mid nineties make the current Nike kits look like things of style and beauty in comparison. Even the 11/12 kit; ignore what we achieved with it. The actual kit was horrific. That checked nonsense around the collar, the dots on the torso, the dreaded blue shorts, and as for those hooped socks;

kySa5F6.png

Many have probably never heard of Williams and Glyns, but it was a Manchester (NW) based bank in the late 70's about to be revived as a splinter from RBS, so I hope they become part of the City brand sponsorship. I still have my original W&G bank account and branch in St Ann Sq, even though they have long been part of RBS group, and I'm looking forward to them breaking away from RBS again.

Agree that the kits they made for us in the 90s were shite

Also agree they dropped us for the Rags

But they make better quality kits than Nike IMO and if they can afford to be onboard our future steamroller then let's have it

Have to laugh when people have a tug over Umbro. Yes, the 09/10 its were "super, smashing, great". But a lot on here have selective memories. The kits we had from them in the mid nineties make the current Nike kits look like things of style and beauty in comparison. Even the 11/12 kit; ignore what we achieved with it. The actual kit was horrific. That checked nonsense around the collar, the dots on the torso, the dreaded blue shorts, and as for those hooped socks;

kySa5F6.png
11/12 was a beautiful shirt. It was a good novel idea as a one off with the blue moon waveform.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.