Possible return to Umbro?

At current exchange rates, Umbro was bought for about £153m. City should try and get a minimum of a £30m a year kit deal. In all likelihood, the deal would cost a similar amount as Umbro itself.

Would love city group to buy umbro and push the shirts across the city platforms around the world. MLS is a bit of a sticking point though, so back to the drawing board I go :(

If we did that, we could easily negotiate a deal for the MLS. We would have to take the entire league on in that deal, as that is how it operates, but they switched from Nike to Adidas before, and Etihad has a league-wide sponsorship deal already!

As disgraceful as it is, we would not be treated the same as Liverpool/NB in regards to Financial Fair Play however, I really don't think much has changed at UEFA even with the frog gone...

We are better hoping that a friendly Chinese/UAE/Other monied statesman purchases them

Remember that kit well, still got the red and black stripes at home, but never known who the hell that company was! Was it a bank? Some Samaritans/Childline-esc charity?
Nobody knew who the hell they were or what they did, where they came from or where they went!! I don't want to know now, I like the mystery of it all :)

Umbro is a no no unless it´s sold by Iconix... and Iconix have a lot of trouble

"In addition to the CEO's resignation, the company also lost its CFO and COO at the beginning of this year. This is all happened in the middle of an ongoing SEC investigation, which is reviewing company records regarding accounting methods and reporting. The complaint alleges Iconix underreported the cost basis of its brands and engaged in irregular accounting practices related to its international joint ventures. Results from the investigation are still pending.

To make things even more tense at Iconix the not unknown Sports Direct took advantage of the free falling stock and suddenly became the biggest shareholder..

I hope so.

I fcking hate Paddy Power, don't tick them. Or BT. Or Viagogo.
Paddy Power are great, their Twitter feed is funny and so is their new advert taking the Mick out of Scotland

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.