Post counts

As mentioned at the time, this was just a trial to see whether post counts were needed or added anything to the forum, or if they were even detrimental.

Now that we've had a few months without them I thought it would be useful to see what the general consensus is.

Would people prefer to see them reinstated, or are we better off without them? Or is nobody really bothered either way?
It seems to be working okay as it is at the moment. Leave it be.

If you can do that then why remove them from view in the first place?
That's something you'd need to ask Ric or Damocles. I can't speak for them. For me, seeing a member's post count on the main forum isn't that important, others (like you) will disagree. Fair enough. I'm not going to fall out with anyone over it.

That's something you'd need to ask Ric or Damocles. I can't speak for them. For me, seeing a member's post count on the main forum isn't that important, others (like you) will disagree. Fair enough. I'm not going to fall out with anyone over it.
I could never fall out with you lovely

Removing them makes the forum less interesting and it certainly helped me evaluate the posters credentials but I'm not about to leave if you don't give them back.

Click on the username; a small window will come up showing that member's post count.
Haha! Thanks I hadn't noticed that until just now and you've got 63, 337 posts Jim, you should be awarded a prize for that many contributions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.