Post Match: City vs United Friendly | ICC

Thought all the youngsters gave a good account of themselves.
Foden stood out and didn't look out of place, in the slightest. Can he get Premier League games ?
Looks up to it, for me. Thought Walker had a good debut and don't blame Ederson for the goal.
I blame the defenders who thought it was good to play a high line and give Lukaku the freedom of
Houston. Any way, i'm not here to moan, because although we lost i saw a lot of positives in that match.
Bearing in mind, it was the first pre-season game.

Bar the scorelime very happy with that

pluses

Foden was great
Kompany not injured and looked strong
Ederson ( bar the goal) looks a vast inprovememt on bravo.
Walker looks just what we needed.
We looked fluid at time xonsidering it was our first pre season game.
The team got a fitness run out.

negatives

the scoreline - but not arsed if honest
That I am tired, back to bed I think.

still got the silvas, gone doggin to come i to the team too.
I completely agree with your assessment i pretty much saw the same thing.

Thought it was a really good first pre season game run out, it will be the same pattern as we have seen with us having most of the possession and teams trying to catch us on the break, Lukaku goal a prime example.
Can we move the ball quicker this season and create and take more chances while covering the counter attack. Kompany will be crucial in defence and if Kun and Jesus score 20 each we will win it.

Noticed John Stones had another defensive error almost giving a goal away again last night. Seems to do it every match he plays. Another gripe I have with him, is that for a central defender he is as weak as a piss soaked tissue. Can you imagine Stones trying to hold off Lukaku? How he has got this far without someone telling him to put on some muscle and bulk is beyond me. That lad has been gifted a career to be at this level.
That's the spirit. Exactly how one should react to his first minutes in our first preseason friendly after one week of training following a long holiday.

Noticed John Stones had another defensive error almost giving a goal away again last night. Seems to do it every match he plays. Another gripe I have with him, is that for a central defender he is as weak as a piss soaked tissue. Can you imagine Stones trying to hold off Lukaku? How he has got this far without someone telling him to put on some muscle and bulk is beyond me. That lad has been gifted a career to be at this level.

I agree with you. I fear he's just not good enough.

Hate pre-season friendlies but made an effort for this one. Even with nothing like our first team out and a couple of games behind their preparations we acquitted ourselves pretty well.

Foden did look really good. As did Nasri (don't want to stir that up again from earlier in the thread though). Kompany started majestically but had a bad few minutes. No excuse for playing them onside for the second goal in particular - although I must admit I didn't watch the goal replays, that's just how it looked in real time.

Such a shame that Ederson had his rash moment, as otherwise he looked really sharp. Always in the right place. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that the slow pitch deceived him on the bounce, and even if not, rather he makes any mistakes in a meaningless game!

We still look a little laboured in front of goal though, don't create enough danger for me, but again, first pre-season game with a weakened team... Sanchez or similar will help there. Oh for Carlos Tevez in this team...

Full match here

Thanks for that. Just watched it through. Quite a few impressive performances there. to say we had almost just stepped off the plane I thought we looked ok, few wayward passes and a bit of rustiness.
Must admit I understood more of the Russian commentary than if I had listened to Crerand the drunk on Rag TV

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.