Post Match: City vs United Friendly | ICC

That's the spirit. Exactly how one should react to his first minutes in our first preseason friendly after one week of training following a long holiday.

Your point would have some credence if it hadn't been a constant theme over his last two seasons. Not to mention his watery physique for someone who has been playing top level football for 4 years.

I thought the tempo in our passing first half was much higher than expected.

Hopefully quicker tiki-taka this season.

Was interesting listening to the local commentators in Houston on the radio in the car after the match. The sideline reporter who covers the Dynamo remarked repeatedly on how fast the tempo is at the Prem level and how sharp and quick the players are compared to MLS. He was blown away.

Was interesting listening to the local commentators in Houston on the radio in the car after the match. The sideline reporter who covers the Dynamo remarked repeatedly on how fast the tempo is at the Prem level and how sharp and quick the players are compared to MLS. He was blown away.

That was pre-season as well.

I was very pleased to see the tempo we were playing at considering it was our first pre-season game.

Our passing tempo last year was at times very slow and too methodical. Under Pep, Barca and Bayern were absolutely rapid in their execution of ball possession.

Hopefully Pep is getting that drilled into the boys.

Always hard getting beat by your arch rivals, but, it's pre season. You are finding your feet. When you put out your top team and they are all flying, I think you will tear the rags a new one.

Still need to sort defence out though.

Remember, he who gloats last, gloats loudest. Patience children.

Nope. Lukaku is a different world away to Bony.

Disagree, before bony came to City he was highly rated and he had also scored the most prem league goals in the calendar year. Both are 1 in 2 strikers before their big move although lukaku will have to be the main man whereas bony was a secondary striker to aguero.

Neither are particularly skilful, both are strong, powerful target type finishers but both also have poor first touches and won't be involved in the build up. I've a feeling that if Bony had gone to the rags instead of us, he would have done much better, similarly if lukaku had come to City he would have struggled (which is why weren't in for him or that type of player), however i wouldn't call lukaku a class act and i'd certainly put him in the same bracket as bony

Disagree, before bony came to City he was highly rated and he had also scored the most prem league goals in the calendar year. Both are 1 in 2 strikers before their big move although lukaku will have to be the main man whereas bony was a secondary striker to aguero.

Neither are particularly skilful, both are strong, powerful target type finishers but both also have poor first touches and won't be involved in the build up. I've a feeling that if Bony had gone to the rags instead of us, he would have done much better, similarly if lukaku had come to City he would have struggled (which is why weren't in for him or that type of player), however i wouldn't call lukaku a class act and i'd certainly put him in the same bracket as bony

we can only see then.. if he is scoring goals and playing well can you admit that ?

Breath of fresh air this lad...

That nutmeg on blind by Roberts fucking brilliant..

Foden looks a talent thought Walker did well and got forward well!
Off the pace a bit which is understandable, stones does worry me though! Would have van dyk over him anyday! Just hope he can improve this year

MCFC!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.