Post Match: City vs United Friendly | ICC

Just a query ----- I was watching the YouTube feed and just before alf-time Yaya was booked for a tackle from behind, then a minute or so later Blind did something similar to (I think Roberts). I thought I saw the ref show Blind a card as well but the stats on the ESPN site gave us two cars, none to them. Did the ref just wave his hand in the air without a card? I know I am due to visit Spec-savers soon so could have been seeing something that didn't happen.

What? I don't have an anti hard on for Vinnie at all. But you are right, I am anti the double standard often used when viewing of similar facts depending on who the player is.

I truly like Kompany, and think he is the greatest signing in City's history.

Now @mosssideblue, talk about a fucking Bargain. Vinnie's picture is next to the word 'Bargain' in the English dictionary.

So I'm havi g none of this new age redefinition of what a bargain is....yuk!
Are you having a breakdown or something? wtf was all that about

Just a query ----- I was watching the YouTube feed and just before alf-time Yaya was booked for a tackle from behind, then a minute or so later Blind did something similar to (I think Roberts). I thought I saw the ref show Blind a card as well but the stats on the ESPN site gave us two cars, none to them. Did the ref just wave his hand in the air without a card? I know I am due to visit Spec-savers soon so could have been seeing something that didn't happen.

Your eyes are ok Blue......

Manchester United (4-2-3-1): De Gea (Romero, ht); Valencia (Fosu-Mensah, 78) , Smalling, Lindelof (Jones, ht), Blind (Darmian, ht); Ander Herrera (Fellaini, 62), Pogba; Lingard (Pereira, 78), Mkhitaryan (Carrick, 62), Rashford (Martial, 62); Lukaku

Manchester City (4-3-3): Ederson; Walker, Kompany (Stones, ht), Adarabioyo (Otamendi, ht), Fernandinho (Mangala, ht); Toure, De Bruyne (Nasri, ht), Foden (Zinchenko, 76); Roberts (Brahim, ht), Aguero (Jesus, ht), Sterling (Sane, ht)

Yellow: Toure (42), Blind (44), Mangala (55)

Referee: Ismail Elfath

He definitely carded Blind because the PA at the stadium announced all the cards and pronounced his name as in "no eyesight" rather than the Dutch pronunciation. That came over clearly on my youtube stream and seemed to amuse the two piss-heads Robson and Crerand who were doing the ragtv co-commentary.

Ederson looks like a great shot stopper. Yeah, he cocked up for the goal, but that will improve as his understanding with the defence improves. It's better that he makes these mistakes now rather than in games that matter.

Ok. This is a nation of sport fans that insists on calling a sport that revolves around carrying and throwing a ball "football".
But you have self-deprecation nailed. That's old school blue tackle. So you're doing something right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.