Post Match: City vs United Friendly | ICC

I want to keep Nasri but man I just know he flatters to deceive. He can keep a ball so well but won't take games by the scruff of the neck and drive the team forward in the big games.

useful run out.
Foden, Nasri,Mangala and Vinny all did well.
slip from the keeper but overall a massive upgrade.

foden was excellent.
what a player he is becoming.
stood out for me.

that lunging tackle from kompany proves he's truly lost both his physical, and more importantly, his mental worries.

odd yet somehow strangely nice seeing nasri in a blue shirt again.
same too for the mangler. thought he did he is very best (the booking was necessary imo) and seemed to enjoy himself.

ederson is, at only 23 years of age, going to become a city hero, without a doubt for me.
he's a proper nutter and just what we needed.

Law of averages says we have to lose to the rags eventually so let's get that loss out of the way in preseason and hammer them twice in the league.

How can you watch a team with David Silva and Sergio Aguero and still think football works like this?
Because a team can afford a Silva and an Aguero, but not 11 of them! They are both brilliant, but their locker isn't full, either. Sorry, but if you think City will go anywhere with a midfield and forward line full of players who range from 5'5" to 5'9" you are sorely mistaken. Not every player is a Silva or a Messi.

Foden has everything except a bit of size. Another Silva? I think we already have two of them! Was my City MOTM.

Tosin had a very solid first half alongside Kompany. I'd keep him as my fourth CB and not ship him off on loan.

Kyle Walker looked better than I thought possible on Day One.

Sadly, with a few exceptions, looked like men against boys. Have said it before and will repeat it here...we are far too small and need some size in the middle of the park and upfront. While definitely have a scary good looking squad on paper, it may be the smallest in the League, especially if you take the back four out of the equation! I think the word I would use is "lightweight," and the youngsters on tour are not helping alleviate that view.

Spend the money and get Mendy on a plane NOW!!

Agreed the height and midfield issue I think is going to be a major flaw not our squad

Because a team can afford a Silva and an Aguero, but not 11 of them! They are both brilliant, but their locker isn't full, either. Sorry, but if you think City will go anywhere with a midfield and forward line full of players who range from 5'5" to 5'9" you are sorely mistaken. Not every player is a Silva or a Messi.

Can you tell me who were the big/tall lads in the mid/forward line of the Barca team that Pep created and is widely considered the greatest football team in the history of the planet?

You sound like Mike Bassett

I-Dont-Believe-In-Anything-Im-Just-Here-For-The-Violence.jpg

We play it on the deck mostly, we don't need tall players up front and GJ is decent in the air anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.