Post match interview with Mark Hughes on Sunday

WEMBLEY76

Geoff Shreeves : Well Mark,how do you feel about being relegated here at the Etihad ?

Mark Hughes : Obviously,I am gutted.

Geoff Shreeves : How did you see the game ?

Mark Hughes : Mostly through my fingers Geoff,I thought the first 10 minutes we had a foothold in the game but we weren’t dynamic enough in the middle third,and basically it was 3 basic errors that did us,defensively,obviously.

Geoff Shreeves : Where do you go from here ?

Mark Hughes : Well obviously I will get on the bus and we will take stock and see where this takes us

Geoff Shreeves : To the championship Mark ?

Mark Hughes : Obviously.

Geoff Shreeves : Do you have any message for Sheikh Mansour today of all days Mark ?

Mark Hughes : Good luck to him,I always thought I was building something here,but never got enough time

Geoff Shreeves : Was it too many draws that saw you go ?

Mark Hughes : Obviously,to be fair I go out every game to get a draw and we see where that takes us,in fact I will be happy if we get 46 draws next season,we will stay up obviously,then I hope we build a platform for the
future…I just hope the owners can be patient with me,I will be looking to strengthen in the summer,Roque Santa Cruz and Wayne Bridge are top of my list,we need quality here…

Geoff Shreeves : While the City squad are celebrating,do you have any message for your successor Roberto Mancini ?

Mark Hughes ; walks away in disgust glaring,shaking his head …..

"So Mark you have been relegated, you do realise you have been relegated. No Mark you have been R E L E G A T E D. Just making sure you know that you will not be in the Premier League next season."

WEMBLEY76 said:
Geoff Shreeves : Well Mark,how do you feel about being relegated here at the Etihad ?

Mark Hughes : Obviously,I am gutted.

Geoff Shreeves : How did you see the game ?

Mark Hughes : Mostly through my fingers Geoff,I thought the first 10 minutes we had a foothold in the game but we weren’t dynamic enough in the middle third,and basically it was 3 basic errors that did us,defensively,obviously.

Geoff Shreeves : Where do you go from here ?

Mark Hughes : Well obviously I will get on the bus and we will take stock and see where this takes us

Geoff Shreeves : To the championship Mark ?

Mark Hughes : Obviously.

Geoff Shreeves : Do you have any message for Sheikh Mansour today of all days Mark ?

Mark Hughes : Good luck to him,I always thought I was building something here,but never got enough time, obviously.

Geoff Shreeves : Was it too many draws that saw you go ?

Mark Hughes : Obviously,to be fair I go out every game to get a draw and we see where that takes us,in fact I will be happy if we get 46 draws next season,we will stay up obviously,then I hope we build a platform for the
future…I just hope the owners can be patient with me,I will be looking to strengthen in the summer,Roque Santa Cruz and Wayne Bridge are top of my list,we need quality here…

Geoff Shreeves : While the City squad are celebrating,do you have any message for your successor Roberto Mancini ?

Mark Hughes ; walks away in disgust glaring,shaking his head …..

Thanks for that Mark. A final question just before you head into the dressing room, how do you feel after the comment Tony Fernadez made at the final whistle?

"What comment was that Geoff?"

The one where he said to our reporter "I'm going down to the dressing room to sack Hughes"

"I didn't know he said that"

"He certainly did. Would you like to hear it on our monitor before you go in through that dressing room door you've just started to open?"

---------------------------------

On a final note Mark, are you happy that the Sunday Papers stories about your wife and daughters foursomes with Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney have been kept from you all day?

What Stories are those Geoff?

These. (hands him a bunch of newspapers)

Oh.

Will you be bringing the children up as your own?

Shreeves : "Can you pinpoint a particular time when it went wrong this season, Mark ?

Hughes : "Well it's pretty obvious. If I'd been here from the start it would have been different. My teams always come on stronger in the 2nd half of the season. Instead I came here in the 2nd half which in reality was like my 1st half, which as you know is always crap."

sorry to be a damp squib but with several days to go there is an increasing flavour across threads on here that winning on Sunday is a foregone conclusion - just feel that we should collectively wind our necks in until after the game and go OTT after we have actually won

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.