Post Match Thread: City 2-0 Watford

Watford fan, have to say lads you were superb yesterday. We were obviously on a damage limitation exercise - newly promoted, the last thing we would want at this stage was a good dicking. I know we got one, but the score-line doesn't reflect that. Watching players like Silva and Sagna, however much it grated was good to see. I thought we defended well for the majority, but one lapse and then a well worked move following a fortunate ricochet sealed the game. Our season will not be defined at places such as here, but we may be able to take some confidence from our defensive tactics to push on now and try and stay in this league for more than the usual one season!

Have to say as well, your support was very, very decent. Good work and not too much mickey taking either... I sincerely hope you win the league. Good luck, see you back at the Vic'.

Thanx, Jellboy.... generous post.... you brought a good , vocal gang up and I felt that you did job on us in the first half..v frustrating for us ...
I thought that you also showed some flashes of one-touch footy in attack that looked pretty decent, so you should look to capitalise on that...

We will try our best, and try your best to believe that Arse, Scum, Dipperpool and Chelski are all beatable .... C U back at the Vic...

Mate, they annoy us as much as they do you! We were slagging off the idiots who started singing United - problem is they're not even day trippers, like when we played you in the cup - they're an embarrassment. You did well, now go win the league!

I'm sure they do. Every club has them nowadays, they're bound to when the world is full of so many idiots. It was good that the bulk of you guys didn't join in with their chants and it quickly died down. Out of interest what did you make of your atmosphere at Saturday? I thought you guys were pretty quiet throughout bar the odd song, I know City camping on the outside of your box for the first 30 minutes wouldn't of helped in the slightest but I'm just wondering whether that's a typical atmosphere for you guys or do you think the fact that you were split into three tiers had a big effect on it?

I've been to every ground in the premier league right now bar Bournemouth and to my knowledge there isn't another ground in the league that splits the fans up across 3 tiers like we now do. 2 yeah, but not 3. The stadiums with big stands that could do it tend to stick them all together, (Newcastle stick everybody in the gods, Arsenal stick them all in the bottom corner, same with United)

Regarding the away fans being split up diluting their vocal support i am in level 1 in the opposite side to them in the south stand and i hardly heard a peep from both Chelsea and Watford.I am not sure if this is because we have some more vocal fans in the middle now drowning them out but whatever it is it is working.

Great trip back to town on the bus after the game,all loons singing and banging on windows a few of you may have heard the psycho bus as you walked back,we got a fair few laughs and astonished looks lol! On the same bus i was sat opposite a couple and the woman in her thirties/early forties was slagging Sterling off to high heaven.Useless,arrogant,misses loads of chances,rubbish.Myself and a few other blues were gobsmacked but no matter how we tried to convince her the lady was not for turning,to quote that old dragon Thatcher.Insane,i sometimes wonder if some people know anything about football at all lol!!

Watford fan, have to say lads you were superb yesterday. We were obviously on a damage limitation exercise - newly promoted, the last thing we would want at this stage was a good dicking. I know we got one, but the score-line doesn't reflect that. Watching players like Silva and Sagna, however much it grated was good to see. I thought we defended well for the majority, but one lapse and then a well worked move following a fortunate ricochet sealed the game. Our season will not be defined at places such as here, but we may be able to take some confidence from our defensive tactics to push on now and try and stay in this league for more than the usual one season!

Have to say as well, your support was very, very decent. Good work and not too much mickey taking either... I sincerely hope you win the league. Good luck, see you back at the Vic'.

Good post Jel, and i sincerely hope you stay up.

Despite the scoreline I think Watford can walk away with their heads held high ... Especially troy deeney I thought he had an excellent game ... He is a strange type of forward but a joy to watch and the effort he put in to win the ball back and help when the team were without posession was second to none

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.