Post match thread - City v Chelsea

One thing that struck me was how hard Chelsea worked to shut down our options when Hart had the ball. There were usually 4 or 5 Chelsea players in our half when Hart had the ball in his hands. Plainly they wanted to force him to kick it long, because (a) they know we like to build from the back, and (b) their back 6 is a lot bigger than our front 4 so they were more likely to gain possession.

The way Hart dealt with that was to send it to Sagna who won most things in the air.

Fat lot of fucking good it did them anyway. You have to hand it Mourinho, he's taken them from being a little horse to a thoroughbred champion and now a knackers yard contender all in 18 months.

Early days I know but we have done great in the last 2 games.

The main thing has been the pace of our attacking it gave WBA and Chelsea no chance to set up. One of the reasons for this?

Well imo it's because we have not got James Milner draining the absolute life out of every one of our attacks with his snail pace, back passing and checking backwards with the ball all the time.

Milner broke up so many of OUR attacks for the opposition last season just seeing Stirling (having two decent enough) games actually running forwards so far makes a huge difference. Also I know Silva is playing in the middle now but again Milner used to come and stand in Silva's place making him less effective.

I know this is not the only reason but we should thank judas jimmy more than we think!!!!

The main thing has been the pace of our attacking it gave WBA and Chelsea no chance to set up. One of the reasons for this?

Well imo it's because we have not got James Milner draining the absolute life out of every one of our attacks with his snail pace, back passing and checking backwards with the ball all the time.

Milner broke up so many of OUR attacks for the opposition last season just seeing Stirling (having two decent enough) games actually running forwards so far makes a huge difference. Also I know Silva is playing in the middle now but again Milner used to come and stand in Silva's place making him less effective.

I know this is not the only reason but we should thank judas jimmy more than we think!!!!

Christ on a bike. Milner a fraud, Judas Milner. What a pity the post count is no longer allowed. one season ?

Christ on a bike. Milner a fraud, Judas Milner. What a pity the post count is no longer allowed. one season ?[/QUO

There is still a pretty large core of fans (are you one?) that hold us back still thinking we are bottom six, trust me as well many more seasons than you will ever see.

Do you think Richard Dunne, Steve Daley, Paul Dickov, Jim Tolmie, Gio Kinkladze and SWP should all be in the team as well because they are better than our current lot. When we play Liverpool some "fans" will you be jumping up and down for "Jimmy" (I bet you call him that) just remember he arranged his move at Christmas and took the piss for remainder of the season and made sure we could not get a penny for him. The Star says its Sterling is the greedy so and so, you just go along with that then.....

So you must be a Liverpool fan trying to stare up hate for Milner here, just so you could run back and report on how cuntish city fans are. And if that doesn't apply to you, then I'm sorry, you are a bit clueless.

As one of the biggest Milner critics on here, I can assure you he was a lot of things, but "snail pace, back passing and checking backwards with the ball" simply weren't some of them.

Look Milner was a consummate pro, a hardworking grafter with a little more footskills than he was given credit for, And a littles less talent than he got credit for.

We wish him the best, except when he plays us.

I was sorry to see Milner move on. I felt he served City well.

So you must be a Liverpool fan trying to stare up hate for Milner here, just so you could run back and report on how cuntish city fans are. And if that doesn't apply to you, then I'm sorry, you are a bit clueless.

As one of the biggest Milner critics on here, I can assure you he was a lot of things, but "snail pace, back passing and checking backwards with the ball" simply weren't some of them.

Look Milner was a consummate pro, a hardworking grafter with a little more footskills than he was given credit for, And a littles less talent than he got credit for.

We wish him the best, except when he plays us.

I was going to reply directly but you have summed it up. I am aware he organised the move at Christmas but in every match after that he was the ultimate Pro. Juda is someone like Danny Mills who sat on his arse for 2 years milking his contract.
I have yet to meet a fan who 'still thinks we are bottom 6'.
Does it matter whether I call him James, Jimmy or anything else ?
Some fans, even those who have 'seen many more seasons than I you will ever see' (quote) really are blind to what the word professional means.

Did anyone notice two "fans" in the crowd just after Vinny scored, in the slow-mo of the goal it showed two glum looking "fans" while all around City fans were exstatic.

If theres one ex city player I will never be slagging off it's Jimmy Milner

Why choose Milner when we have Mills, Calamity, Quinn, Samaras, Barton, Bridge, Seaman, Schmeichel, Cole, Boateng and others who deserve it so, so much more and provide us with endless easy ammunition?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.