Post match thread - City v Newcastle

Opps I made a classic mistake there dividing goals by attempts per game. Should be attempts per game / goals per game. Doh - I need some sleep.

Chelski 2015: 73 goals/38 games = 1.92 goals a game from 14.8 attempts per game = 1 goal every 7.7 attempts.
..City 2014: 102 goals/38 games = 2.68 goals a game from 17.7 attempts per game = 1 goal every 6.6 attempts.
...Utd 2013: 86 goals/38 games = 2.26 goals a game from 14.7 attempts per game = 1 goal every 6.5 attempts.
....City 2012: 93 goals/38 games = 2.45 goals a game from 19.4 attempts per game = 1 goal every 7.9183 attempts.
(...Utd 2012: 89 goals/38 games = 2.34 goals a game from 17 attempts per game = 1 goal every 7.26 attempts.)

Historically the closer you get to 1 from 6.5 or better the more likely you are to win the league .

City 2016: 19 goals/7 games = 2.71 goals a game from 20.6 attempts per game = 7.6 attempts per goal.
Arse 2016: 13 goals/7 games = 1.86 goals a game from 20 attempts per game = 10.75 attempts per goal.
Utd 2016: 12 goals/7 games = 1.71 goals a game from 11.1 attempts per game = 6.49 attempts per goal..

So as you can see Utd are BANG on target, we are under performing and ARSE are showing the world why you can't win the league without a quality striker.

I'm just a simple Rammy lad. At the moment we've scored the most goals in the league and conceded the joint least goals. I really don't understand this.

If you go to the highlights package on the OS and go to 2.43 miniutes in you will see the linesman start raising his flag as soon as the winger/full back crosses the ball and it is the position of the winger that he points his flag to. If he got it wrong then so be it but at least it shows who he thought was offside. And you'll also see the City players saw the flag and eased off. I also remember, on my video feed (which has been taken down now), seeing the ref blow his whistle before the ball was put into the net.
This is all irrelevant if it was a bad call.

Can't believe some of the paranoia in here.

We got the benefit of the doubt at Sunderland when Otamendi fell on his arse.

We got the benefit of the doubt at Tottenham with both our goal and Demichelis staying on the pitch. Tottenham got the benefit of the doubt with their 2 offside goals.

We got the benefit of the doubt in Monchengladbach when Fernandinho inexplicably took a guy out 3 yards from the 5th official. They got the benefit of the doubt from our goal which they weren't going to give. Their penalty they actually got is up for debate.

We got a huge benefit of the doubt on Saturday. Their second 'goal' was flagged for offside when the winger overlapped. He was about a yard onside. There is no debate about that one, it's clear as day. Seriously, if you've still got MOTD recorded then rewatch it and pause it at the moment the ball was passed. It wasn't even that close!

Some of us sound like bloody Mourinho in here. I can't fathom why some of you feel that when we get the benefit of the doubt on a 'tight' call i.e. KDB at Spurs then that doesn't matter as much.

If there WAS any agenda then those are the calls which would go against us time after time. Think about it.

It'd be funny to see the reaction in here if a tight call went against us (wrongly). I'm sure we'd all be "ah well it doesn't matter it was a close call" eh?? Aye right!

First up, there's no agenda.

Secondly, my reaction to a tight call given against us is that it's understandable that mistakes are made.

And finally, I paused the alleged Newcastle offside and there's about half a yard in it, wasn't offside but it was very close.

First up, there's no agenda.

Secondly, my reaction to a tight call given against us is that it's understandable that mistakes are made.

And finally, I paused the alleged Newcastle offside and there's about half a yard in it, wasn't offside but it was very close.

He had about half a yard to our full back. But if you look along the line we've got a centre half even further back, well onside.

I'd be absolutely fuming if we got a decision like that given against us! It wasn't quite as clear as the spurs one with lamela but it wasn't far off.

He had about half a yard to our full back. But if you look along the line we've got a centre half even further back, well onside.

I'd be absolutely fuming if we got a decision like that given against us! It wasn't quite as clear as the spurs one with lamela but it wasn't far off.

33n7o6v.jpg

Mangala is the only one playing him on by about a half yard, note their positions in the shaded area. Mangala was stepping out too so difficult for the lino to judge.

The offside against Spurs was at least two yards.

Can't believe some of the paranoia in here.

We got the benefit of the doubt at Sunderland when Otamendi fell on his arse.

We got the benefit of the doubt at Tottenham with both our goal and Demichelis staying on the pitch. Tottenham got the benefit of the doubt with their 2 offside goals.

We got the benefit of the doubt in Monchengladbach when Fernandinho inexplicably took a guy out 3 yards from the 5th official. They got the benefit of the doubt from our goal which they weren't going to give. Their penalty they actually got is up for debate.

We got a huge benefit of the doubt on Saturday. Their second 'goal' was flagged for offside when the winger overlapped. He was about a yard onside. There is no debate about that one, it's clear as day. Seriously, if you've still got MOTD recorded then rewatch it and pause it at the moment the ball was passed. It wasn't even that close!

Some of us sound like bloody Mourinho in here. I can't fathom why some of you feel that when we get the benefit of the doubt on a 'tight' call i.e. KDB at Spurs then that doesn't matter as much.

If there WAS any agenda then those are the calls which would go against us time after time. Think about it.

It'd be funny to see the reaction in here if a tight call went against us (wrongly). I'm sure we'd all be "ah well it doesn't matter it was a close call" eh?? Aye right!
So spurs got the benefit of the doubt on the 1st goal despite there player being 2 metres ofside? Kdb's goal, fine because it was hard to tell so the linesman could have given it either waÀ but spurs 1st was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.