Potential 10,000mile+ round trip for a European game

Do Ryanair fly there?

If they ever got into the CL, I guarantee 100% that they'll end up in our group and the swamp Derby will be on Saturday lunchtime after we go there

Was thinking about Vladivostok, didn't Liverpool play there a few years back?

Sorry, missed this the other day. Vladivostok have never played in any of the European club competitions. I can't find any record of Liverpool going there for a friendly but I can't say for sure that they haven't.

Sorry, missed this the other day. Vladivostok have never played in any of the European club competitions. I can't find any record of Liverpool going there for a friendly but I can't say for sure that they haven't.

Liverpool played Spartak Vladikavkaz in 1995 so I'm guessing MES was referring to them? I looked on the map and Vladikavkaz is pretty much as far from Vladivostok as you can get!

Liverpool played Spartak Vladikavkaz in 1995 so I'm guessing MES was referring to them? I looked on the map and Vladikavkaz is pretty much as far from Vladivostok as you can get!

Ah, you've got it! Similar names, hence the mix up, I guess. And it's still nearly 1,000 miles from Moscow, so was a long trek for Liverpool. I didn't remember the Scousers playing there, actually, but you're right. I do remember Glasgow Rangers beating them 7-2 in Vladikavkaz - quite a result, as it used to have a reputation as a hostile place to go back in the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.