Potential game changing referee decisions for and against us 2017/18

So Brighton "Nothing of note" eh?
Jesus accidentally hands it into the net and it's disallowed and he's booked. At the other end one of the their defenders accidentally handles it and it's no penalty.
So two accidental handballs; one from each side, and we get punished for both incidents.
At least watch the bloody games.

But then our 3rd goal against Watford (maybe even 3rd goal against Arsenal) didn't really affect the game?

I would remove that qualification so it's just favourable versus unfavourable decisions. Much more black and white. I'd also include the countless soft decisions (big and small) that have gone against us by piss-poor refereeing in the Champions League. And include Delph's free kick as a decision that went our way but remove the correct decision by the referee when Kompany rightly received yellow in the Leicester game given that it was the 4th minute of the game, Stones was our deepest player, and Vardy was 25 yards from goal. But then again it's your thread so it's up to you.
Fair points. I'll do an edit.

So Brighton "Nothing of note" eh?
Jesus accidentally hands it into the net and it's disallowed and he's booked. At the other end one of the their defenders accidentally handles it and it's no penalty.
So two accidental handballs; one from each side, and we get punished for both incidents.
At least watch the bloody games.
Been quite some time. Reason I threw it open to the house was because I knew I'd forget some occurrences.

Okay, just thought this subject deserves a thread of its own and so I'm going to summarize all such decisions I recall.

Feel free to add any inputs I may have missed and mods, you may do the needful as you think fit.

2-0 vs Brighton Albion
- Ball handling in the box deserving of a penalty against Brighton; -1
1-1 vs Everton - Red card against Walker; -2
2-1 vs Bournemouth - Red card against Ake denied; -3
5-0 vs Liverpool - Nothing of note; 0
6-0 vs Watford - First goal offside; +1 (Third goal by Jesus was marginally offside but we were already 2 goals up and absolutely destroying them)
5-0 vs Palace - Nothing of note; 0
1-0 vs Chelsea - Nothing of note; 0
7-2 vs Stoke - Nothing of note; 0
3-0 vs Burnley - Nothing of note; 0 (The penalty was legit imo as the GK clearly brought him down even though Bernado appeared to over react a bit)
3-2 vs West Brom - Nothing of note; 0
3-1 vs Arsenal - Third goal offside and Sterling's first penalty shout unawarded; +2 and -4
2-0 vs Leicester - Kompany's potential red; +3 (Personally I felt Stones' presence around the area helped here but I think red was the more popular opinion so I'll let that one fly)
2-1 vs Huddersfield - Nothing of note; 0
2-1 vs Southampton - Nothing of note; 0
2-1 vs West Ham - Handball in the box whilst still 0-0 not given as penalty; FK awarded to Delph taken by KDB and leading to our equaliser; -5 and +4

That's pretty much what I found too, in fact after a number of games where the decisions were going for us I stopped making a note.

Last season was a travesty, whether it was just bad luck or not I dont know but it was bad luck and it goes to show this season get your head down, play hard, play fair, positive things will happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.