Potential of Sterling Sane and Jesus

What's with all these people talking about a player's "ceiling"' compared to another player's? Is it just people saying they have more/ less potential? Just sounds a bit odd and I've noticed it popping up more and more.

They all have shit loads of potential and they look even more promising when playing together.

The thought of the three of them together is an exciting prospect but sadly football can be a cruel game as we have seen already with Jesus receiving a serious injury.

As a kid I remember thinking how exciting it would be to see Paul Lake develop, Danny Stuuridge when he broke into the first team and recently watching Vincent Kompany lead the side year after year. None of those expectations were realised for a number of reasons.

We also see players who rarely improve and peak at 19/20, players do not settle etc so gauging their potential is ridiculously difficult.

It will be a lot to expect Jesus to roll up and get 30 goals in his first season and so hopefully we will see Aguero here next season as for all the potential Aguero is still the out and out star who has done it year after year.

I tend not too get drawn in too over the top excitement of how good and wonderful things will be, like how everyone expected us to win the quadruple every year for at least the next three years when Pep arrived. Probably unbeaten!

In the case of these three players there is no doubt at all they all have huge potential. All three could go on to be remembered as world class greats. They have a club and certainly a coach that will give them all they need to reach the heights.

However they are all quite young and much can happen, injuries, shagging the wrong birds....all manner of pitfalls. If these three lads do avoid those pitfalls and keep their heads down they will spearhead our team to some very good days indeed.

What's with all these people talking about a player's "ceiling"' compared to another player's? Is it just people saying they have more/ less potential? Just sounds a bit odd and I've noticed it popping up more and more.

They all have shit loads of potential and they look even more promising when playing together.
Yeah. I think it's from FM/FIFA management modes. Some players have higher ceilings than others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.