Potholes

taleofbluehalves

I got sick of swerving potholes where I live so pinged off a few emails. They directed me to local council and a map where you report problems and click on a highlighted pothole. Fair play if you click a problem it's sorted within 24 hours. I do a few clicks a day and watch them disappearing.
It's hardly rock and roll but after my
wife had a puncture from one a few years ago it's well worth a few minutes effort a day.

The roads have never been worse. Council budgets being slashed by that **** Osborne didnt help. I blame everything on that loathsome prick me

Just been cycling some of the rural NCN routes. Sustrans are extremely good at directing you to 'quiet' roads but the surface of said road can be right shitty. Corrugated tarmac would be a smoother ride! Urban roads are significantly more dangerous from the point of view of potholes. Some of them are much deeper than they were allowed to go in previous incarnations. Thank Gabriel and Navas for traffic free - rarely see a pothole on these routes.

I have been in regular contact with the Withington MP , various councillors and the Town Hall .

As they all firstly in response just quote the "policy" of the Town Hall but if you persist then action has been taken with a small amount of repairs being carried out on Wilmslow Road and Burton Road .

There is i believe an emergency repair team but all i have seen their reaction is to spray white paint around the pot holes .

It would help if all badger the relevant persons .

It's ridiculous near me. Every time I wince thinking my wheel is gonna end up fucked.

i'm all for them.

_91410196_potholes_bath_lady.jpg

_91397348_pothole_sinovision.jpg

Pothole-bathing-protest.jpg

I cycle to work everyday through Wythenshawe and the pot holds are fucking out of hand! I can try and swerve then but then run risk of getting took out by a passing car, or go over them and run the risk of smashing my bollocks and my wheels! One pot hole I had to avoid as it was about a foot drop, so I thought I'd be safer getting took out by a vehicle than going flying!

I keep meaning to ring/email the council as well, as there's a blocked grid that overflows onto the road during bad weather, and the amount of danger to cyclists/cars that can be as its not a noticeably deep puddle until you go over it!

The roads are a disgrace in this country and I feel sorry for drivers who have to pay road tax.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.