POTY 17/18

IWasHere

I'm surprised there's not a thread on this. I've seen this debate going round on Twitter for a couple of days now about who should win the POTY award for this season. There's only 3 stand out candidates so far and those are KDB, Kane and Salah. On one hand, people are saying Salah should win because he's scored the most goals despite being a winger, as well as being Liverpool's main goal threat. On the other hand, people are saying Kane should win because he's also the main goal threat for his team and pretty much carries them, hence why spurs are now commonly known as the Harry Kane team (lol), as well as having a record breaking season. Lastly, people are saying KDB should win because like the other 2 players mentioned, he's carried us. So far he's provided the most assists and he seems more of a goal threat too compared to the other seasons he's had with us. He's been dynamic, created chances for our team and is probably the best passer in today's game.

The season KDB is having at the moment reminds me of Yaya's in the 13/14 season. He pretty much carried us and arguably had the best individual season from a midfielder in premier league history. The stats pretty much speaks for itself. However, despite all this Suarez went on to win the POTY award. I can see the exact same situation happening this season where despite KDBs all round game being better than the two mentioned, Salah will most likely win because he plays for the media darlings.

DeBruyne is the better player but Salah will win it because he plays for Liverpool .

Harry Kane will win it - absolutely nailed on!
He's top scorer again this season, he's English, the captain of England and he doesn't play for us.
I have to say there is some justification for him winning it when you look at his strike rate.

I think Debruyne should and will win it, it's not a fans choice , one is the players and one sportswriters.
Debruyne has been getting massive plaudits.
I have to say in virtually any other season the other two would be worthy winners, they have both had fantastic seasons.

If Kev doesn’t win it as part of a side so dominant and his performances absolutely key to that then I give up.

Kane and Salah superb but Kev has to win it and that’s not blue specs either.

being totally unbiased , has to be Kdb , but salah is running him very close.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.