Pre Match Thread | Palace v City

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadchesterCity

Haalander; There can be only one, two, THREE!
Team supported
‘Rodri, Rodri, Rodri’ !!! PinchMe PinchMe PinchMe THREE was the magic number !!! CITY CITY CITY Manchester England Europe
Crystal Palace v Manchester City

Date: Sat 12 September 2015 15:00 BST Guide for visiting supporters |Contact + 44 208 768 6000
Travel Links: AA Road watch Manchester | AA Road watch London| Rail Travel News | London Underground Status & Map

MCFC SQUAD NEWS Squad Information -Injuries/Suspensions

Squad (from): Caballero, Hart, Wright, Demichelis, Otamendi, Kolarov, Kompany, Mangala, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Nasri, Navas, Silva, Toure, Aguero, Iheanacho
Injured: Zabaleta, Clichy, Delph/ Sagna, Fernando, Bony

Palace SQUAD NEWS Squad Information -Injuries/Suspensions

Squad (from): Ward, Mariappa, Hangeland, McCarthy, Dann, Bamford, Bolasie, Zaha, McCarthy, Hennessey, Chung-yong, Gayle, McArthur, Fryers, Williams, Wickham, Mutch, Souaré, Delaney, Kelly, Puncheon, Sako, Kaikai
Injured/Doubtful: Ledley, Appiah, Chamakh, Campbell/ Cabaye, Jedinak, Speroni,

PREDICTED LINE UPS

08-09-2015-09-51-261.png

08-09-2015-10-14-18.png

KEY BATTLES AND MATCH ANALYSIS

After the International Break which has seen Aguero, Silva and De Bruyne star for their individual countries excitement builds for a top of the table clash with Crystal Palace. Man City will look to dominate possession and attack with pace, Palace are known for conceding possession and attacking with pace. If ever I was shocked a match wasn't televised it was this game, as I expect both teams to score and more than 5 goals in the game. There are rumours that Sagna picked up a knock in International duty could lead to a debut for Otamendi at right back. There is mass excitement surrounding Kevin De Bruyne signing and many fans will hope he starts this game. After two games international I expect he will come on off the bench around the 60 minute mark. I expect his debut will be in the home match against Juventus. I am selecting Delph for this match over Ferandinho as he will be tired after 2 matches in USA, I'm unsure if Nasri or Navas will start, Navas may due to his defensive capabilities and in an attempt to counter the pace of Bolasie.

Chelsea are the early kick off away at Everton, so if results go our way then we will be buzzing again going into this game. Add to that United v Liverpool match at 17:30, great to have a 3 O' Clock Kick off.

08-09-2015-10-17-38.png

LAST 10 FIXTURES

REFEREE Referee Appointments:

vrzmfa.png

Has previous with Aguero

BETTING ODDS Oddchecker

I think we will need to score 3 to win this one but would love a scrappy 1v0 victory

so far it's been 3-3-2-2 goals scored for us

08-09-2015-10-12-39.png

Last edited:
Great thread again.

The major issue is the traveling the South Americans will have done! I expect both aguero and fdinho on the bench.

See your point but steady on!

A long term injury to Silva or Aguero and i'd agree.
Obviously, long term injuries aside, let's talk short term niggles. Sagna or Kolarov picking one up is a problem. Any other position and we've got adequate cover, unfortunately we're in a bizarre situation where three out of our four first team full backs are now injured in some way or form. If it was at home I might be looking at giving Maffeo a go however we're away to an inform team with arguably one of the best set of wingers in the league. It's now integral that Navas plays, offering to track back throughout. Who takes up the RB slot is the tricky pick.

Thankfully I'm not the one making the call because I'd probably dump Delph on the right side of the centre midfield, Fernandinho at RB and Navas RW.

@FantasyIreland @squirtyflower, you fellas watch the EDS more than I do, would Maffeo be ready for a 'baptism of fire' of sorts? I think we all know Navas will now be playing the majority of the game to aid that right side.

Obviously, long term injuries aside, let's talk short term niggles. Sagna or Kolarov picking one up is a problem. Any other position and we've got adequate cover, unfortunately we're in a bizarre situation where three out of our four first team full backs are now injured in some way or form. If it was at home I might be looking at giving Maffeo a go however we're away to an inform team with arguably one of the best set of wingers in the league. It's now integral that Navas plays, offering to track back throughout. Who takes up the RB slot is the tricky pick.

Thankfully I'm not the one making the call because I'd probably dump Delph on the right side of the centre midfield, Fernandinho at RB and Navas RW.

@FantasyIreland @squirtyflower, you fellas watch the EDS more than I do, would Maffeo be ready for a 'baptism of fire' of sorts? I think we all know Navas will now be playing the majority of the game to aid that right side.

What about a back three of EM, VK and NO with Kolarov and Navas as wing backs?

Ferna and Yaya in the middle, De Bruyne\Sterling and Silva ahead of them behind Aguero.

Looks ok in my mind but it's deciding what's best between changing shape completely for a dangerous away game, or keeping the shape and playing players out of position.

In fairness, I wouldn't begrudge giving the job to Maffeo, like the kid.

After watching sagna for france go of with a swollen ankle it presents city with our first injury problem as zabbaleta is also injured. will pellegrini choose to use an inexperienced player in maffeo or is clichy ready who could also play there.Also we of course have ottamendi but there has been no news of him recieving his work permit.What other options has pellegrini got for what will be a very tricky game at crystal palace?.

Awesome post @MadchesterCity

Will obviously be a difficult game against a team and manager who enjoy the "big matches" but as long as Pellers can suitably cover for the injuries I can see us continuing our awesome start. Clean sheet to finally go for me though.

1-3

Edit: Why aren't Otamendi and KDB in our team to choose from?

Otamendi has his work permit afaik.
Sagna could recover.
Maffeo can play there.
Navas or Dinho could do a job there for one match.
Being injured has never stopped Zaba playing before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.