Pre-season preparations (merged)

HolisticJim

Evenin'

Keep thinking about something Jose M said last year. Apparently Chelsea agreed at his request to cancel all pre-season tours etc in order for him to work the team, gell the new signings and get the correct amount of pre-season prep in place.
They won the league with a fair bit to spare.

When I look at our prep this year, Vinny is with his wife, Dzeko and Jovatic are off, Augero isn't there, Demi and Zabba are also still from the Copa and we're looking to buy a new Midfield.

So, front, middle and defence are not having any kind of proper prep at all and that really concerns me.

That's it....thoughts?

Last edited:
And with Yaya and Delph this just goes from bad to worse.

I don't think the importance of a good team pre-season can be emphasised enough.

Shocking pre-season, a total mess.
We should have held off on touring for a year and let players work together s much as possible.

Evenin'

Keep thinking about something Jose M said last year. Apparently Chelsea agreed at his request to cancel all pre-season tours etc in order for him to work the team, gell the new signings and get the correct amount of pre-season prep in place.
They won the league with a fair bit to spare.

When I look at our prep this year, Vinny is with his wife, Dzeko and Jovatic are off, Augero isn't there, Demi and Zabba are also still from the Copa and we're looking to buy a new Midfield.

So, front, middle and defence are not having any kind of proper prep at all and that really concerns me.

That's it....thoughts?

Would any of that been any different if we'd stayed at home? Vinny would have needed less time off but the Copa would still have disrupted preparations

As we assemble an increasingly international squad it will ever be thus. Next year, we'll have the European Championships to contend with, and as the club seeks to extend its global reach, the squad will be taken to the four corners for 'glamour ties'.

Coupled with yaya gone back home injured with delph. Problem is these tours are worth a lot of money to the club and will never be cancelled

Coupled with yaya gone back home injured with delph. Problem is these tours are worth a lot of money to the club and will never be cancelled

And yet Chelsea cancelled theirs last year and it was one of the reasons they won the league.

It's a shambles tbh, the pitches were awful also.

Not the best prep at all, but let's see come mon 10th August .

Not too concerned how we prepare, just as long as all the players are fit and motivated for the first game of the season.

However,the problem with Pellegrini is that we’ve actually lost some silly games, with mediocre lacklustre performances at the start of both previous campaigns. Fine if you snap into good form, but a big problem if you don’t.

Last year, we blamed the World Cup, but once more we’re going into a new season with an injury prone captain, festering transfer speculation, an alarming lack of cover in central defence, and an overriding impression that we’re not quite ready.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.