Pre-season preparations (merged)

It's been a decent pre-season. Sterling has shown his talent and City were excellent with Delph on the pitch and Yaya in a more free role. Things went to pot somewhat when Delph went off and Navas came on. I hope Pellegrini recognises, friendly or not, Yaya cannot play in that deeper central role. He doesn't perform his defensive work well enough.

City look much better when Yaya is able to get on the ball where he wants it. With players like Silva, Sterling, Yaya, Nasri etc, there's so much creativity that it doesn't matter if we only have two recognised strikers and Nacho next season.

We've seen glimpses of talent from Barker, Lopes and Garcia as well so the future's bright. Personally, I think we should be offloading Navas and even Nasri to allow Barker and Lopes progression into the side. That might not be a view shared by many, who think they aren't ready but passion and hunger to perform is something we were lacking last season and I don't think Navas adds much to our side. We have pure pace with Sterling now.

Navas is a good player to have on the bench, a 60 min impact sub.

Seems to me like a rather poor preseason so far.
Just look at todays game - it''s the penultimate presason game and only 13 senior squad members are available and that's including Dzeko who will most likely leave by the end of the transfer window. By my count 9 players are not available today - 4 from the Copa America, Bony, Yaya, Delph, Kompany and Jovetic.

Another problem is that it appears that Pellegrini might change the formation this season, using more 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 than 4-4-2 which was pretty much the default in the previous seasons, but in my opinion the squad is not yet adjusted for this change.
Of course - that may change by the end of the transfer window.
However, i think that the crucial thing in order to switch to 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 is to get Pogba and that doesn't seem so likely at the moment.
So - many open questions about City in the next season.

Seems to me like a rather poor preseason so far.
Just look at todays game - it''s the penultimate presason game and only 13 senior squad members are available and that's including Dzeko who will most likely leave by the end of the transfer window. By my count 9 players are not available today - 4 from the Copa America, Bony, Yaya, Delph, Kompany and Jovetic.

Another problem is that it appears that Pellegrini might change the formation this season, using more 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 than 4-4-2 which was pretty much the default in the previous seasons, but in my opinion the squad is not yet adjusted for this change.
Of course - that may change by the end of the transfer window.
However, i think that the crucial thing in order to switch to 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 is to get Pogba and that doesn't seem so likely at the moment.
So - many open questions about City in the next season.

The key thing for a change in formation is better wide players. Sterling tick, de bruyne and another tick. Delph adds energy and yaya can play in the centre if he has the support of two of delph, Fernando and fernandinho. Pogba is the perfect dynamic player for a central three but can also play in a 4-4-2. If pelle recognises a change in formation them we will be okay without pogba.

Good winger would certainly help.

But let's say City plays 4-2-3-1. Even according to your post Yaya should not be included as part of the two man defensive midfield - so you re left with just three players (2 Ferns and Delph) for 2 positions.

And if it's 4-3-3 then you have just 4 players (add Yaya to those 3 above) for 3 positions.

In both scenarios this is not in accordance with Pelle's phlosophy - 2 players for each position.

So, yeah - great winger or KDB would be nice, but Pogba (or someone like him) would be more important at this moment in my opinion.

Fuck me, another moan for all the moaning cunts

What a shame none of you have even a halfpenny's worth of knowledge, intelligence or experience at running a football club, or we might even give a shit

Fuck me, another moan for all the moaning cunts

What a shame none of you have even a halfpenny's worth of knowledge, intelligence or experience at running a football club, or we might even give a shit
Summed up nicely pal.
Ive just watched a game of football where half a dozen of our youngsters displayed a very exciting part of our future,along with the quality we already have,and that which we are buying,this football club is in a fantastic and enviable position that fans of other clubs can only dream about.

The club know exactly what they are doing,i really shouldn't need to state such.

No complaints. Top notch training facilities, decent weather and plenty of our EDS lads got valuable experience.

Last edited:
Summed up nicely pal.
Ive just watched a game of football where half a dozen of our youngsters displayed a very exciting part of our future,along with the quality we already have,and that which we are buying,this football club is in a fantastic and enviable position that fans of other clubs can only dream about.
The clun
The club know exactly what they are doing,i really shouldn't need to state such.
too right mate
Too many on here at the moment who I rarely see post, unlike yourself and others who can discuss all levels of club

Perhaps being on holiday has made me less tolerant, but I wish some would just slit their wrists and let it all out rather than pollute the good stuff the club are doing, none of which they seem to see or care about

we will face Chelsea on the 2nd game at home. unlike us, Chelsea cosistency rarely drop silly points against lower team. so this the game we must win. sorry if i'm not impress with our pre season at all. when the time comes, we will have unfit and unprepare first team players for such game. unless Pelle ready to play our EDS players in starting line-up, which i don't think he will.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.