Pre-season

Aren't our title rivals on a pretty similar schedule?
Liverpool- 8 friendlies against a range of opponents
Arsenal- 6 friendlies against a range of opponents
United- 7 friendlies against a range of opponents
Everton- 3 friendlies against a range of opponents
Us- 3 friendlies against top teams followed by a match against West Ham

Hardly helpful.

Liverpool- 8 friendlies against a range of opponents
Arsenal- 6 friendlies against a range of opponents
United- 7 friendlies against a range of opponents
Everton- 3 friendlies against a range of opponents
Us- 3 friendlies against top teams followed by a match against West Ham

Hardly helpful.
That's hardly an issue, we'll play indoor friendlies as well, like we did last summer. I mean, no one outside of the club knows the actual schedule, it's just 'official' games with spectators.

When they pull through the West Coast could the club work out a loan for a CB to my local MLS team? They are absolutely getting picked a part right now. No seriously, I can't wait for the pre-season tour.

I really don't like us using pre-season as an excuse to have "glamour friendlies" and having the team jet off all round the world just to make some money. Pre-season should be used to build fitness and gel any new signings.

I really don't like us using pre-season as an excuse to have "glamour friendlies" and having the team jet off all round the world just to make some money. Pre-season should be used to build fitness and gel any new signings.

I could see them not doing it.... if it wasn't a license to print money and expand a global fan base.

That's hardly an issue, we'll play indoor friendlies as well, like we did last summer. I mean, no one outside of the club knows the actual schedule, it's just 'official' games with spectators.
We played one last summer but I'd argue that was very different- from what I've heard it wasn't played like a normal game and players didn't stay on the pitch for very long.

With all the lower league clubs around Manchester struggling for money, surely the club could arrange 1/2 fixtures against these clubs, even if this means playing most of the younger players from the under 21's squad with a couple of the fringe 1st team players. This will surely help us and give the clubs a bumper pay day.

With all the lower league clubs around Manchester struggling for money, surely the club could arrange 1/2 fixtures against these clubs, even if this means playing most of the younger players from the under 21's squad with a couple of the fringe 1st team players. This will surely help us and give the clubs a bumper pay day.
Gets my vote used love love a walk to Oldham or a quick bus to Stockport,Rochdale or Bury.

miss those games. Hopefully the younger teams get chance to play locally.

yeah i hope we do this, i dont see a problem with it, and as you say it'll mostly be 2nd stringers etc. I know it doesn't help out the first XI so much but it could help out a lower league team with a bit of extra gate cash. I know Liverpool have traditionally played a few north welsh/merseyside teams and United always play alty iirc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.