Predictions for New Year

Scum to drop out of top 4 and eventually finish 6th
City to win a treble
Prince Philip to shuffle of this mortal coil
England don't win a single group game at WC
The FA announces a 'root and branch' analysis of the England set up
Brexit renamed Eur-IN as it's revealed the government struck numerous secret deals to keep Britain in Europe in all but name

Scum to drop out of top 4 and eventually finish 6th
City to win a treble
Prince Philip to shuffle of this mortal coil
England don't win a single group game at WC
The FA announces a 'root and branch' analysis of the England set up
Brexit renamed Eur-IN as it's revealed the government struck numerous secret deals to keep Britain in Europe in all but name

Belter that, do you have a job in marketing? haha

Lots of concerns with it but basically it would make the internet like cable television.

So, in other words, you'd pay a set price for a basic internet access, but to go to other websites you'd have to pay more. On top of that, internet providers could sensor and block content however they see fit.

So let's say the basic package is $20 (sorry, typing this from the US so I don't have the pound symbol). $20 gets you access to the internet, but that's it. If you want to go on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, that would cost another $10 for the Social Media Package. To visit google, you would need to pay $5 for the search engine package. To stream Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime, that's another $15 for the media package. This is just hypothetical, but that's the fear.
url

Also, it would allow internet provides to block/sensor content as they see fit. So if my internet provider is Verizon, they can block anti-Verizon comments on Bluemoon, Reddit, etc. Or, they can throttle or flat out block access to entire sites. One of the biggest internet providers over here is Comcast. Without net neutrality, Comcast could block users from going to sites they don't have an interest in. For example, Comcast has the same parent company as ESPN, but not Fox Sports, their competitor. Comcast could block their users from access to Fox Sports because they're in direct competition and have a business interest in forcing consumers to their site over their competitors. Which would really suck because I have Comcast as it's the only option in my area, and I stream almost all City games through Fox Sports.

Sorry for the long-winded response - but I hope that answers the question. I'm not sure how television/internet are set up in England so if that doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll try to explain further.

Sounds fucking disgusting, every many and his dog should stop this.

Sounds fucking disgusting, every many and his dog should stop this.

It's fucking bullshit man, and we're trying.

It was voted against like 15 times, but they kept bringing it back up. And the vote to finally do away with it came down to FIVE fucking people. None of them were elected, and 3 of them used to serve/still serve as lawyers for the internet providers. It's corruption that would make FIFA blush.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.